New gun law sets stage for conflict

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I'm not entirely convinced that violent felons being able to legally posses firearms would have any detrimental effect on crime. Are we that naive to believe having a law that prevents violent felons from having guns actually is preventing the violent felons who wish to harm others from getting a gun?

I still believe anyone should be able to own a gun and if you cannot be trusted with it you should remain in jail.

Hear, hear. Well said.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    WHAT?!

Seems that this:

is completely satisfied when you say "felons cannot have guns." Maybe that should be changed to "violent felons" to be "less restrictive," but as strong a supporter as I am for gun rights, I do NOT think that violent felons should ever be allowed another gun.

Conviction of a felony commonly disqualifies a person from many constitutional rights, even after the sentence is served.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I ponder the ignorance and audacity of any man that has argued both that "stricter gun laws only affect law abiding citizens" and also says "felons shouldn't be allowed to own guns"

just sit there a moment and let that sink in...

James24

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    I think these laws are just conflict because even there is not a proper purpose for that.Because the gun are still selling illegally and the crime rates are still not in control.So why they implementing all these laws other than to strengthen the police department.

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I think these laws are just conflict because even there is not a proper purpose for that.Because the gun are still selling illegally and the crime rates are still not in control.So why they implementing all these laws other than to strengthen the police department.

Am i the only one that is confused?

Top Bottom