New Guy Here- Northshore

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sneakybuffalo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    United States
    Hey everyone. I just recently moved back to the Covington area. I grew up here, but have been away at school for about 6 years. I lived in Chicago the past 2 and that really made me appreciate the South.

Anyways, onto the guns and stuff. I grew up around guns cause my dad hunts deer and my grandpa grew up hunting, although his preferred quarry of quail and other birds aren't really present around here anymore so he hasn't hunted in a long time. I shot .22 a bit growing up and my grandpa would take me to shoot skeet occasionally, but that was a bout it. I was much more into knives and tomahawks as a kid.

Now, I finally have my own gun, a Mosin Nagant that I sporterized and I commandeered my dad's Marlin 30-30 that he hasn't touched in over 15 years and am tuning that up currently.

I am wanting to get into hunting now though, particularly hog and coyote, so I welcome any advice on getting started. I want to actually learn to track and stalk and call, rather than sitting in a stand over a food plot, so maybe some public land hunting may be in my future. Plus, I could shoot deer in my backyard if I wanted to, so they don't excite me much and my dad hunts a lease that I'm not on, so I won't be hunting with him.

I also just like shooting. I'm into the practical rifle and scout concept type of shooting. Tactical is exciting and sexy, but limited in application, and long range shooting just isn't very feasible or practical round here.

Anyways, that's me. Can't wait to see what this community is all about.

Top Bottom