New HK Pistol Rumors - P30X

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    HK needs to step up with the new pistol and offer a trigger that is as good as the Walther PPQ M2.

I'd posit that Walther needs to build a pistol as good as Hk... and the concept of the Walther having a superior trigger to a LEM, particularly those found on the C/C models etc... I've yet to find a better pistol trigger period.

HKs mag release is the fastest I've used by far. YMMV.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    HK needs to step up with the new pistol and offer a trigger that is as good as the Walther PPQ M2.

While agree that the Walther PPQ has a phenomenal trigger, I beleive there is only one version of that gun. Unless you are referring to the abomination with a button release.

J/K

I really would love it if my hk45 had a trigger half as good as my PPQ. I have heard that they make a "light LEM" but I don't know anything about it, and I am not a fan of the regular LEM.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'd posit that Walther needs to build a pistol as good as Hk... and the concept of the Walther having a superior trigger to a LEM, particularly those found on the C/C models etc... I've yet to find a better pistol trigger period.

Your opinion about the LEM trigger is by far in the minority.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Some other opinions.

I have the P30 in Light LEM and its fantastic. That being said the PPQ has the best trigger of any polymer gun made

I sold my p30 to get a ppq. Dang I could bought 2 with the price I sold it for. I think the p30 is made a little better but I shoot the ppq so much better than the p30. I also think the p30 felt a little better in the hand but the trigger is what makes the ppq. Save some money and buy the ppq and 1000 rounds of ammo and get rid of the plastic sights on it. Best gun out there.

I'd be interested if HK came out with a trigger similar to the PPQ's in terms of reset and breaking point. I've been waiting patiently for the 5" PPQ to become more available but I may wait for the P30L X to become available. Currently shoot Glocks but am not brand loyal.

This thread seems to get repeated fairly often, heck, I started a couple like it myself last year.....

I think the guns both share some ergonomic features so people tend to want to compare them. I had the P30L myself, with the v2 LEM, which I changed out to a v1 LEM, but for me, the trigger was still awful, especially when I compared it to the PPQ. Stock to stock, for me, the trigger was the feature that tipped the scaled, and why I sold the P30L not too long after I ended up with my PPQ.

Definitely a preference type question, I've got a friend who loves the P30 (he had one, and bought mine) and in both cases the guns are probably more accurate than the shooter (me, in this case) will be, but I definitely shoot better, and enjoy the PPQ more, no question about it.

If I remember correctly the PPQ in 9mm I held at my LGS had the BEST trigger I have ever felt in a striker fired gun.

If they put this in a P30 its HANDS DOWN the best 9MM gun on the market.

Something similar to the P99AS trigger would be good. Works like a DA/SA or similar to LEM and always had the short reset people like on the PPQ.

Will be interesting to see if they do a multi-part trigger like the rest.

I did buy an LCR22 revolver, which is helping me learn to better roll than stage/press the LEM trigger. But the long light pull then hitting the wall of the LEM system is weird to me.

I don't think I'm communicating my issue effectively so I'll summarize by saying that I shoot pistols with less trigger travel better and I'm willing to experiment with reducing the pre travel of my LEM trigger (currently TLG) to see if that will help me improve.

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I prefer the Hybrid trigger over all of them, combo of LEM and Match, i.e. Combat Competition. Still need to get my hands on an actual combat competition though, and a P10...

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    As noted not all LEM's are created equal. For some reason the P30 and P200 have a substantially different reset and feel.

I am not blindly brand loyal, but I do believe that HK makes the best handguns on the market. If you gave me a HK rifle I'd sell it. The USP and 45/45c have triggers that resemble a national match rifle. While my opinion may be in the minority, I'm not concerned with the majority opinion. I've put over 10K through one USP and I prefer it to anything else on balance. My observation is that the USP with a LEM is the easiest and best trigger regardless of shooter experience. Your mileage may vary...

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    It's just a matter of repetition for me. I flipped a pistol and hit a button to drop the mag over 500 times... since Monday.

Maybe if I started on the paddle. But then you really have an issue with picking up the other 99% of bottom feeders out there and having a solid level of proficiency. Not a deal breaker for most, but...

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Nah. Totally understand. Just giving you guys some grief. I might carry the Hk but still shoot the Glocks and Sigs every once in awhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom