New Marine on deck

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Good evening, fellow BSers! It has been some time since I last visited with y'all, but I've been quite the productive little bastard since my last posts here. I shipped to MCRD PI on 7 May to begin recruit training with 2 RTBN Fox Co Platoon 2062. I graduated last Friday, 2 Aug 2013, and MAN, I feel like a new man. My prior AF service definitely helped me out quite a bit, as far as discipline goes (along with my age), but the physical aspect was intense. It was one of the toughest things I've ever done in my life, mostly because I had zero contact with my wife and daughter, with the exception with letters and pictures. But, I made it out in one piece, and I'm ready to take on MCT and whatever MOS I end up in. I have a contract for engineering and utilities option, kind of hoping for 1371 Combat Engineer in order to get acquainted with C4 if I do indeed decide to go EOD once I make Sgt. Also thinking about CID or NCIS, since my long time goal has been federal LE, but we'll see where this road takes me.

Anyway, I'm proud to claim the title of United States Marine and to be part of this elite brotherhood.

Semper Fi,
    PFC Dean

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Congratulations. Background and experience play a role but one of the most important things to have for a Federal LEO job is a Degree.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I was Hollywood, no choice in 1992

I rest my case :dunno:

:mamoru:

Actually I picked the WORST time to go. I left in October. Sleeves up until it was way PAST freezing cold. Then it was just Freezing Rain until graduating in Jan.

I guess it was better than these SUMMER BOOTS?!?

Not sure ANYTIME is the best time. They're all equally miserable,
    but I will say that after a MEU Workup in the Infantry,
    Boot camp was considered a joke. Absolutely! not even a question.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Both my uncle and mother went to PI though

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

Damn Son! deep ties. I think there is another member here that is a Marine, with a Marine wife and two Marine kids lol

My next to kin with Military background was my mothers father. He was an Army Medic during Korea. He's long been gone now. Never got to talk to him.

Last edited:

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    Congrats Marine... Went to PI myself. November through January, great time to be on the island(said no one ever)!!! LOL A friend of mine is actually a MCT/SOI instructor right now. So if you need anything let me know. Good luck!!!

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Well' technically Baton Rouge is east of the Mississippi :)

I went Hollywood myself, loved the weather, went in February. PI in the summer must be a bitch!

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    OooRah Devil Dog c-4, Tnt, chickensh!t, tie on a little det cord throw some mogas on top. fire in the hole!

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    Welcome to the dark side motivator. PI grad '03/0352 here. Wish I could have been a HET bubba looking back on things. Oh well. EOD marines were stretched REALLY thin back in my early years. They always looked like crap. Good luck to you

Kill

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Yeah, Parris Island summer sucks. I've never sweated so much in my damn life before these last three months. Most days when getting prepared for hygiene, I was so soaked in sweat that I looked like I just came from swim qual. Hell, I went to my recruiting station yesterday to PT with the poolees and I sweated enough by the time we were finished that I was able to wring my green skivvie shirt and sweat just poured onto the deck. Trace Adkins was onto something with that Parris Island in July line in Semper Fi...

Thanks for the welcomes. It feels incredible being part of this. So much more pride in saying, "I'm a Marine, " than the Air Force equivalent. No hate on my fellow Airmen, but this is on a whole different level.

Top Bottom