New OD G26 & G19 - NOT HAPPY!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Called Glock back earlier, and got it situated. They will be sending me labels. Anyone know what I can expect as far as turnaround goes?

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    Would this include gen3's as well? I ask because they changed the finish from the gen3 to gen4, then changed again. I like both of the previous finishes better as far as looks go, and the coat was thicker.

Are you guys talking about the finish on the slide and barrel?
    Tenifer is used on austrian made glocks. The EPA does not allow them to use the tenifer process here in the US so the pistols coming out of the GA plant are coated using a nitration process (slide and barrel). Found that out at the armorers course last week.

-Chris

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    I don't know if EVERY FFL does it, but the one that I'm familiar/associated with DOES. EVERYTIME.

Whenever I buy ANY gun, new or used, I give it the once over. Simply because I don't want something like this happening to me.

Who were the guns purchased from? I would certainly contact them first and send them photos of the damage.

If they don't make it right, I would certainly never buy anything else from them and try my best to be sure that no one else does either.

In the event they don't, I'm fairly certain Glock will.

Good luck to you.

This +1.

Even if the guy behind the counter, at the sporting goods store or the LGS, doesn't offer the firearm to me for an inspection, I will always ask. I've never had a salesman get short or annoyed with me after making the request. If they ever did get a case-of-the-ass, then maybe they have something to hide, in which case, that would give me a reason to pause before purchasing the gun.

If I saw that kind of damage during an inspection, I wouldn't have purchased the gun.

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    I got a new glock 23 a few months ago and also had a small blemish on the slide but after doing alot of drawing and dry firing the holster has already worn off more finish than it was in the first place .I know how you feel because when you spend hard earned money on something you want it to be right . I bought this pistol to carry and train with and had already knew it was going to get missed up some so i never worried about it .

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Tenifer is used on austrian made glocks. The EPA does not allow them to use the tenifer process here in the US so the pistols coming out of the GA plant are coated using a nitration process (slide and barrel). Found that out at the armorers course last week.

-Chris

Yes I was referring to the finish on the slide. I assume that even the Glocks made here in the US also have Austria printed on the slide? All I know is the new finish is easly worn/scratched.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I don't know if EVERY FFL does it, but the one that I'm familiar/associated with DOES. EVERYTIME.

Whenever I buy ANY gun, new or used, I give it the once over. Simply because I don't want something like this happening to me.

Who were the guns purchased from? I would certainly contact them first and send them photos of the damage.

If they don't make it right, I would certainly never buy anything else from them and try my best to be sure that no one else does either.

In the event they don't, I'm fairly certain Glock will.

Good luck to you.

This +1.

Even if the guy behind the counter, at the sporting goods store or the LGS, doesn't offer the firearm to me for an inspection, I will always ask. I've never had a salesman get short or annoyed with me after making the request. If they ever did get a case-of-the-ass, then maybe they have something to hide, in which case, that would give me a reason to pause before purchasing the gun.

If I saw that kind of damage during an inspection, I wouldn't have purchased the gun.

I do this as well and agree with everything said. However, when you are ordering online, you don't get the luxury of taking a peek at the gun before you pay.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    I do this as well and agree with everything said. However, when you are ordering online, you don't get the luxury of taking a peek at the gun before you pay.

Still its good to look it over in the store upon receiving. That way it cant be said you dropped in the parking lot or something stupid and the gun can be refused right then and there and the whole process of returning can begin and will be a little better documented with the employees of the shop as witnesses.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere

Since you say you bought the gun online, were there pictures, of the actual gun from multiple angles, posted or was there just a stock photo?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Still its good to look it over in the store upon receiving. That way it cant be said you dropped in the parking lot or something stupid and the gun can be refused right then and there and the whole process of returning can begin and will be a little better documented with the employees of the shop as witnesses.

I guess you have a point. The way I was seeing it was that even if I had looked it over before I left, I would still be in the same spot. Live and learn. At least Glock is doing me right, just hate that I am going to have to wait however many weeks it takes to get them back.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Sorry that it happened to you, but on the bright side, Glock is taking care of you...

I give them props for making it right, although it was most likely their doing to begin with. I asked the warranty guy if he knew if the guys boxing the pistols up were putting the locks on top of the padding with the gun, but he said he didn't know. I just wanted to bring it to someones attention, as I told him, so that maybe I could help prevent future claims like mine that are bound to happen if the locks keep ending up by the guns.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette

-Chris

Isn't Cyanide gas a byproduct of the Tenifer process? At least that is what I recall being the reason as to why the EPA won't let them do Tenifer here in the USA.

Top Bottom