New Orleans East Home Invasion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Does "automatic weapon" really mean automatic or do they mean an assault rifle?

The robbers returned fire with an automatic weapon and another gun. Bullets flew through the air, lodging into walls, paintings, the refrigerator, even a wedding portrait of the couple.

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/11/eastern_new_orleans_dentists_s.html
    Crouching behind a living room couch, the husband fired several shots at the robbers. The robbers returned fire with an automatic weapon and another gun.

Sounds like husband needs more practice.
    I'm just guessing that the "automatic weapon" is just journalistic hype.

11868512-standard.jpg

11868491-standard.jpg

http://photos.nola.com/tpphotos/2012/11/bullet_holes_remain_after_home_7.html

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Terrible incident. New Orleans East is still post apocalyptic (Katrina).

I am bothered that the man, knew the intruders were armed, and were getting close to entering through a certain door, took up a defensive position, shot several times once they opened the door and missed?

This guy needs to shoot his weapon more.

I would say it's a good thing this guy and his wife are up at 4:00am working to pay for all of the tax increases he and his wife will have to dole out to these same scum that potentially tried to kill them.

Thanks, Mr. Pretender! ;)

Last edited:

DK3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Alexandria
    This was the NOPD Spokesperson's response??? ... really??? She said, "10 minutes can feel like forever when you're in that type of situation," but still, she said, the reality is "we just can't possibly have cars outside every house."

Really? Did she use that level of intellect to obtain that position? What a piece of work!

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    what would have happened if they werent armed???? Husband needs practice, but he still probably saved their lives. Wife should have been armed too.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    These were both well off people, dentists, and these punks had the nerve to break into the house while everyone was home. 4 cars in the driveway she said. Well good thing the alarm tipped them off that something was happening. The home owner does really need to practice more often..

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    judging by the amount of CSI ive watched i would guess that it was a fully automatic by the amount of spray that is all over the place. i dont think anyone could be THAT bad even if you just point and aim and dont look down the sights. maybe a mac10/11? tec9? :dunno:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    judging by the amount of CSI ive watched i would guess that it was a fully automatic by the amount of spray that is all over the place. i dont think anyone could be THAT bad even if you just point and aim and dont look down the sights. maybe a mac10/11? tec9? :dunno:

You do know CSI is just a television show.

Looks more like fear fire that might be corrected with some training.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge

I think the pictures of the rounds above the door frame were from the husband right? Any idea what he was shooting?

I'm thinking a G36. No way a Mac 10. The article said they were "professionals". Rumor has it one of them was carrying an HK Tactical Plunger in a shoulder rig.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I think the pictures of the rounds above the door frame were from the husband right? Any idea what he was shooting?

I'm thinking a G36. No way a Mac 10. The article said they were "professionals". Rumor has it one of them was carrying an HK Tactical Plunger in a shoulder rig.

That makes you an accomplice!

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    So this couple has an alarm system that was not properly activated or it would have been going off loudly. That would have been the first indication to get the heck out. Second choice once you realize you didn't set your alarm - hit the panic button on the alarm panel to manually set off the alarm. It appears the homeowner either did not perform well with his weapon either due to lack of practice or adrenaline. Three failures!

Why have all the gadgets if you don't plan to be prepared and use them correctly?

I'm glad the family is okay but hopefully is a lesson to others that you can invest all you want to protect yourself but unless you properly deploy those methods, they are worthless.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I sold it to Mickey..I even have a bill of sale. While a very rare and sought after item, there are a few other HK Tactical Plungers floating around.

I'm sure that will come in handy with the popo down there.

Let us know when visiting hours are and I'll bring you some cigarettes and condoms.

Those of us who carry guns on a daily basis certainly better shoot better.

But we know many homeowners purchase guns for home defense and never go out a practice.

I would say this dentist is in the majority of gun owners.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I guess we can all armchair shoot them between the eyes. Facing multiple armed intruders would scare the crap out of any sane man. Glad the family is physically unharmed.

sixgundunn

Wheelgunner
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    New Orleans
    Dog

This would have never happened if they had a dog, or better yet, instead of a siren, an amplified audio recording of a dentists drill would have sent them packing.

Top Bottom