New pistol for my bday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justsomeguy

deranged.......
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Gretna
    So my birthday is Nov.2 and my girlfriend said she'd like to by me a pistol with a cap of $350. Ive got it down to 2 choices. I need opinions on them from you guys. Choices are
    Smith & Wesson Sigma sw9ve 9mm x2action (@ academy for $299)

Taurus pt709 9mm (@ academy for 299a also)

Well??????

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    You can catch M&P's for $399 from CDNN, just call to see if they are in stock. I have gotten people the deal on the no locks, no safeties version a couple of times, but it is hit and miss. They ALWAYS have the .357 sig.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Seriously send her to a shop that already has couple hundred bucks that she doesn't know about and let her feel good buying you M&P or Glock.

justsomeguy

deranged.......
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Gretna
    Went to academy today. I put the sigma 9mm , the sig sauer 2022, and a couple others in my hand. I actually like the way the sigma feels. Ive looked around online, and see that early models had jamming issues but that was apparently cleared up years ago. I looked at videos, and see that they have a sloppy/heavy trigger pull. Looked at the "free trigger mod for them" that apparently puts the trigger in factory glock territory. So for now, i think im gonna go ahead and get it in 9mmgretns mostly cuz it holds more rounds. (I can play more at the range between mag changes). Ill pick up a glock a little later when i have my own expendable funds and im not using gf money as a gift. Lol

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Good for you Sir

Happy birthday by the way in advance.

Do what makes you happy:}

I personally think you have a great girlfriend by the fact she even considered ponying up for a weapon for you.

If I read your post correctly you asked for opinions on only two choices lol

Go enyoy yourself!
    S.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Is this your first pistol? I am just going to tell you now if so you will want to sell it in the near future and hoped you went with a better pistol. Both mentioned above I would possibly consider truck guns. If you really want to go inexpensive look at the Sig SP2022. Much better gun than the ones you mentioned and not much more price wise (around $400)

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Sigma is not a bad gun. If you go to buy extra mags your cost will be more then glock quickly. But if you like it should serve you well. I would have probably went with the sig but again with the expensive mags for both guns.

justsomeguy

deranged.......
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Gretna
    Is this your first pistol? I am just going to tell you now if so you will want to sell it in the near future and hoped you went with a better pistol. Both mentioned above I would possibly consider truck guns. If you really want to go inexpensive look at the Sig SP2022. Much better gun than the ones you mentioned and not much more price wise (around $400)
    The sig 2022sauer was the sig sauer i put in my hand today. I like it and the trigger feels good. But it just didnt "talk to me" like the sigma did. I just felt more comfortable having the sigma in my hand.

No, this isnt my first pistol. I now have a high point cf.380. Its a total junk gun. I keep it in the house as a last resort home invasion deterent. Lol... of course ill go for the remington 870 i bought from jacob525 on here first. Hehe.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    The sig 2022sauer was the sig sauer i put in my hand today. I like it and the trigger feels good. But it just didnt "talk to me" like the sigma did. I just felt more comfortable having the sigma in my hand.

No, this isnt my first pistol. I now have a high point cf.380. Its a total junk gun. I keep it in the house as a last resort home invasion deterent. Lol... of course ill go for the remington 870 i bought from jacob525 on here first. Hehe.

Oops missed that part of your next post. Definitely buy what feels best then in your hands.

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    If you are going to drop 300 at Academy on a S&W, please consider the SD9VE. It's the same price as the Sigma, but a newer, better version of it. It supposedly has a better trigger. And in my opinion, it looks pretty sweet. Any SD9 owners wanna chime in?

Top Bottom