New Silencerco Osprey Micro

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    Of course they would introduce their quietest 22 yet the day after I get my stamp back for my new Spectre. That said, it does look awesome.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I wouldn't worry about the numbers. They changed how they did their testing when the Omega came out so it makes all their newer cans look quieter. It's probably comparable to the spectre.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Not sure if I like the design of the can. I have an osprey, and I don't like how you have to time it to your pistol. My suppressed pistols already have tall sights, and if it doesn't it's not very hard to aim through the can. I do like how easy it is to take apart though.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I ordered one today through capital armory... So I guess we'll find out. They had them in stock and already filed the form 3.

I still love my spectre II though!

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Not sure if I like the design of the can. I have an osprey, and I don't like how you have to time it to your pistol. My suppressed pistols already have tall sights, and if it doesn't it's not very hard to aim through the can. I do like how easy it is to take apart though.

That's what I would be concerned with too. Not an easy switch between hosts if you run other cans on them as well. I do like the "modular" aspect of it.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    The Omega is still a very quiet can just not as quiet as the Specwar 7.62. Generally speaking longer cans are going to be quieter. I still wouldn't take the specwar over the omega just because it is a few decibels quieter. It's a lot heavier and longer than the omega.

Top Bottom