New Tattoo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DontTreadOnMe19

Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 31, 2011
    Poplarville, MS
    Ok finally got my Don't Tread On Me tattoo started tonight. I got the outline done tonight and have to go back in two weeks for the shading.

P1138361.jpg

P1138362.jpg

G

gunguy11

who did it man? if ya ever in the nieghborhood check out art addiction. the artist there is a member here. he does great work. just got mine done.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Much smarter than ending up with your ex wives name on your arm ( like my BIL )

I made that mistake. My current wife's name is Misty, but I have "Jerusha" in an obvious place for everyone to see. Big mistake.

That really is an awesome tattoo, but (I'm sorry to be a party-pooper), but how would you get a job with that tat on your arm? Not trying to be a smart ass...I'm just ignorant.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    That really is an awesome tattoo, but (I'm sorry to be a party-pooper), but how would you get a job with that tat on your arm? Not trying to be a smart ass...I'm just ignorant.

I was thinking the same thing. I have 4 tattoos and no one can see them unless I choose to show them. I juat got the newest one less then 6 months ago. Most folks dont even realize that I have any.

If you dont think it matters I showed my old Operations Manager a picture of me from awhile ago when I had a shaved head and a goatee. I looked like a criminal. He flat out said he would never have hired me back then.

DontTreadOnMe19

Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 31, 2011
    Poplarville, MS

That is a good question, because alot of people wonder the same thing. I have never had a problem finding a job with any of my tattoos. I have a full forearm length tat on my other arm as well that I have had since I was in the Coast Guard. I think now a days people are more accepting of tattoos. The only time I had anything said about my other tattoos is when I worked for Cruise West. I was an Engineering Officer on one of their cruise ships (see below pic), and they just asked that when I was around passengers to keep the tattoo covered. Good thing that job was up in Alaska! Lol I definitely didn't mind covering them. I am currently employed as well, so I'm not expecting to be looking for a job any time soon (knock on wood).

37259_1322032662358_1577095451_30745900_7428618_n.jpg

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have forearm tattoos as well as upper arm and what not. I just wear long sleeves to the interview and ask about a policy on visible tattoos. I've never been told "no" - in fact the only things I've been told is "no worries" and "Just so long as it conforms to a decent level of etiquette."

I've worked as a designer in manufacturing, drafting/design/supervisor at an engineering firm, and well, my current job is probably the most lenient. I didn't even bother asking lol. When I worked in warehouses, oddly enough, was the most stringent. The couple places I worked in the warehouse at, both required approval before they would let me wear short sleeves. Basically just had to have a managerial type look at them, make sure there weren't any lewd images, before they decided if I was required to cover them.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom