New USPSA Match in Winnsboro, La

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chbrow10

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Ocean Springs, MS
    This is a repost from the Mississippi shooting forum. The original thread is here: http://www.msgunowners.com/t15242-new-match-in-louisiana-uspsa

Here is a cut and paste from that site:

Winnsboro Gun Club in Winnsboro, La. will start shooting official USPSA matches next month on Sunday June 12th. Entry fee will be $15.00. They are not the typical "gun-ho" serious IPSC club, really friendly people.
    Winnsboro is roughly 1-1/2 hours from Alexandria. They do not start shooting till 1:30p.m., so this will give you time to go to church or whatever you need to do Sunday morning before you have to leave to head up there. We usually leave around 11:00a.m. and go grab a burger in Winnsboro before heading to the range.
    We shot there yesterday, 5 courses of fire that were a mixture of paper and steel. This is a small club, with match participation at around 20-25 participants. We divided up into two squads and completed the 5 courses and helped tear down, all in just over 2-1/2 hours. We were on the road heading home around 4:15p.m.
    If anyone is interested in attending matches there, please let me know a few days before the match date and we can convoy up there. We plan to go back June 12th and do it again.

If you have questions, contact the original poster in the original post.

DVC, Chris

bsdubois00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Jackson, MS
    Hey - that is my post on MSGO lol

Here is more info I got today via email

Brandon,

Glad to hear from you, yes we are starting USPSA matches, they are scheduled the second Sunday of each month starting at 1:30pm. Matches are approximately 125+/- rnds. Will be 4 stages, shooters are divided into 2 groups who shoot simultaneously on different stages. Where will you be coming from, I can give you better directions if I know.

Please address e-mails to wnbo@bellsouth.net as this is the address I use most. The other is my home e-mail and goes through my wife.

Also we are shooting a Steel Challenge format match the first Sunday each month. We will be setting up 2 to 4 stages depending on the available targets. Matches will be 125 to 150 rounds. Usually shoot each stage 4 to 5 times and throw out worst score.
    Fees for uspsa will be $15 and steel challenge match $10.

I will e-mail notification of each match during the week before the match and match results during the week afterwards, to everyone who has given me an e-mail address.

Thanks for the interest and good shooting,

Jerry

bsdubois00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Jackson, MS
    Last email:

From Jackson take I-20 to Delhi, La. there will be a sign pointing to Winnsboro (South) this is Hwy 17, you follow it to Winnsboro then turn left at the first redlight on Loop Road, at the next redlight turn left (South) on hwy 15 Appoximately 1/2 to 1 mile there will be tennis courts on the left and you turn RIGHT on hwy 3201 go approximately l mile to a 4 way stop sign and turn left on hwy 865 follow this 1 mile and you will see the Winnsboro Gun Sign on the right. You have arrived.

From Alexandria take Hwy 165 No through Columbia and across the Ouacita River Bridge, The next intersection past the bridge you will Turn Right on Hwy 4 toward Winnsboro until you come to Hwy 865 where you will turn RIGHT between 3 and 5 miles you will see the gun club sign on the left.

If you go to the gunclub website winnsborogunclub.com you will find a program for the Southern Nationals Silhouette Match. On Pg 70 of the program there is a crude map that will help. Coming from Jackson I have routed you a little different as it is shorter and easier.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. My cell phone is 318-381-0707, you can always call.

Jerry

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom