New XBOX Revealed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Yup.....been toting a PS3 lately because of its easy Internet access though.

I got a new job.... work 8 & 6 now....day 1 & 8 are airline days.....but the other days, if I'm not in the jet, I'm sitting in the hotel waiting on a phone call. Video games are a cheap way to pass the time & keeps me out of trouble. It's a bit difficult at times to find room for it, but I make it work.
    PS Vita?

clem131

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    BATON ROUGE, LA
    i have always been an xbox fan. i've owned the first generation formally know as xbox one, the second xbox 360. but the new xbox one "reveal" conference left a very bad taste in my mouth... i was so unimpressed it ridiculous. they basically showed off a freaking dvr. call me old fashion but i would like a gaming console to play games on. after years of development all you can show is a dvr with with a web browser?!?! are you freaking kidding me?!?! granted i know that e3 is around the corner and they are saving alot for that. but your big day as the world is watching you give us this crap?!? i feel as if they lost sight of who got the xbox to where it is today and trying so hard to be something they are not to appeal to a broader audience. i hope they step it up at e3 or i will be migrating over to playstation. bc last time i checked i already own a dvr, iphone, laptop, and ipad only thing i'm missing is a gaming console.
    gamertag : clem131

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    I am not a huge gamer, but I have bought a new system every gaming generation. My nephews love coming over and being able to pick up the controllers and play. I like my 360, but I am concerned about the rumors that I have heard about the new XBOX. Is it true that it is operated by voice, through Kinect, even to turn it on? I have heard that it is ALWAYS online and just on standby when not using it. Maybe I am tin foil hattish, but I don't want a microphone and camera in my living room constantly on waiting to be hacked into. Anybody else a bit worried about this, or should I give in an let the internet own my living room?

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I am not a huge gamer, but I have bought a new system every gaming generation. My nephews love coming over and being able to pick up the controllers and play. I like my 360, but I am concerned about the rumors that I have heard about the new XBOX. Is it true that it is operated by voice, through Kinect, even to turn it on? I have heard that it is ALWAYS online and just on standby when not using it. Maybe I am tin foil hattish, but I don't want a microphone and camera in my living room constantly on waiting to be hacked into. Anybody else a bit worried about this, or should I give in an let the internet own my living room?

A bit tinfoily, sir. However, the Xbox One will not be always online, and yes, the Kinect will allow you to say "Xbox! On!" and it will turn itself on. I just hope is says 'Good morning, Matt"

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Unplug it if you're worried.

I'm on the fence about the new Xbox and new Playstation.

I'm sure I'll end up buying them both, and now that they're PC based, I may wait until the hacks roll in.

How long before regular windows runs on an Xbox? That's one fast $300.00 computer. How long before someone hackintoshes the Xbox?

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I think I will be sticking to my PC... when I get back from Basic and AIT, I will be building a really nice one that should last me 5 years without touching anything and hand a smackdown to both the PS4 for power and graphics...

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369328440.143643.jpg

moΛΩn Λabe

Col_Sanders

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder
    I thought I read somewhere that you have to install the games on the system, and a second hand game could be installed, you just have to pay a fee to install/activate it on the other console? I have mixed feelings on this. Places like Gamestop will really have to adapt. No more paying someone $15 for a week old game and then selling it for $5 less than a new one.

I used to rent games from Gamefly and many of them you would not have access to online content unless you paid extra. That pissed me off.

Also the Kinect thing....I dont know how I feel about having a camera and a microphone always on in my living room.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011

+1 ...I think that I may wait or build up my pc. Not a fan of an always on camera, but that camera can be fixed with electrical tape

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I have not used my 360 for anything other than MLB.tv and Netflix in a long ass time. My friends and I have kind of moved on from our drinking and Call-of-Dutying days. My son recently got Skylanders:Giants as his first video game which I already kind of regret. It's not that bad though, but it's a money sink if you let it be.

Anyways, I don't give a **** about the new gaming machines but I /am/ very interested to see what the hackers do with the new Kinect. The existing Kinect has been hacked to make some of the cheapest and highest quality 3d scanners. I'd love to see what people do to re-engineer Kinects into other uses.

Phfft. You skipped the Skylanders craziness nearly two years ago.

I love the game personally. So perfect for little ones. But damn, whoever invented that scheme was a freaking genius. He's made millions.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Yup.....been toting a PS3 lately because of its easy Internet access though.

I got a new job.... work 8 & 6 now....day 1 & 8 are airline days.....but the other days, if I'm not in the jet, I'm sitting in the hotel waiting on a phone call. Video games are a cheap way to pass the time & keeps me out of trouble. It's a bit difficult at times to find room for it, but I make it work.

What.... What kind of phone call???

Is this hotel hooker type, or nefarious Whole Nine Yards with Bruce Willis, or boondocks saints crazy?

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    E3 is right around the corner. Respawn Entertainment is supposed to be there and they say they won't be empty handed. What that means no one knows.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    yea i got tired of xbox 360's fee to play online. already switched to ps3. no xbone for me im 99% sure but im worried about the 1 billion dollars microsoft is spending for 15 exclusives in the first year!

meanwhile, shtf/zombie fans get "state of decay" on xbox live today for $15 or $20. next week its "THE LAST OF US", only on ps3.

Old_Demon

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Ponchatoula

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/07/n...r-microsoft-will-watch-you-247/#ixzz2VYZSDzox

Top Bottom