New Zombie TV series

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    LULz.
    "Make sure you have a round in the chamber and your safety off."

The guy talking to has a GLOCK.:mamoru:

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    watched it a lil while ago.

I liked it so far

well except for the very beginning part. from the hospital on it got pretty good

also the whole telling the other guys "make sure the safety is off" to someone who is holding glock was a lil funny

Last edited:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I watched it eariler online. Pretty good so far. Shame it's only 6 episodes but it's been picked up for a second season so we get more next year.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    It was better than I thought it would be. Anyone notice that the deputy carried a Python as his duty piece? Also nice was the scene when he crawled in the tank and the zombie soldier came to life, and he shot the zombie, then we had the ringing ears sound effect for for a while afterward.

cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It was better than I thought it would be. Anyone notice that the deputy carried a Python as his duty piece? Also nice was the scene when he crawled in the tank and the zombie soldier came to life, and he shot the zombie, then we had the ringing ears sound effect for for a while afterward.

I thought that was a nice touch as well, and thought the whole show was pretty good.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The comic it is based on is fantasticly gruesome - too much for TV in some cases. I kind of wish it was being done by HBO or Showtime, just so they wouldnt have to pull any punches for network TV.

Either way, I'm very much looking forward to next weeks episode.

Whozzat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Comicnerd here. It's actually based of a comic series by Robert "The Zombie Man" Kirkman. The TV series show's promise, but as happens all too often, it's put to shame by the comic. It's a very good on-going series. I recently finished all of the issues in print, and am anxiously awaiting the next release on Nov. 23. I highly recommend it to any past/present comic fans.

walking-dead-vol1-3.jpg

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    Anyone notice that the deputy carried a Python as his duty piece? Also nice was the scene when he crawled in the tank and the zombie soldier came to life, and he shot the zombie, then we had the ringing ears sound effect for for a while afterward.

Also notice he took the zombie soldier's Beretta 92fs. Let's see what he's carrying next week...

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Loved it so far nothing is better that a good zombie flick. I don't really like the 28 days later rip off of the hospital coma bit but the show rocks. The guy weeping shooting zombies in the head with a bolt action was wonderful.

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Wal-Mart had the comic issues, I skimmed through them some while on a late night detail there, and watching the first episode it seemed to match up alright. If I keep up, this one will have to be Tivod and watched without the wife, she's not much for gross stuff.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I watched it last night on inDemand, found it to be pretty darn good and entertaining. A bit more character depth than your standard zombie flick, which is bound to be developed even further as time goes on.

I thought it was odd that the opening action sequence was so off. The safety comment about the Glock, the awful "tactics" used on the car full of bad guys (putting himself between his back up and the targets, failing to fully secure the area after the first two BGs are down)-- it had me wondering if the next hour and ten minutes was worth my time. But it definitely gets good after he wakes up in the hospital.

Totally redeemed when he fires the revolver in the tank and almost passes out from the concussion. First time in recent memory someone actually considered the effects of shooting in a confined space.

Top Bottom