Nfa trust help?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowkoop

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    I had a trust drafted up last Feb. by a lawyer, I haven't had the time or the funds to actually transfer any nfa items into the trust. My main 2 questions are 1. can I change the name by just copying the trust word for word (when he was doing the trust I forgot to mention the name I wanted so he used my name which is pretty long and I don't want to have to engrave that onto the items) or will there have to be some sort of filing I have to do in a court, I haven't had it notarized either? 2. Do I have to file any motions or anything in my home parish before I try and purchase an nfa item? Thanks for any clarification.

Bob L.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    1. Have you contacted the lawyer about changing the name? He/she may do it for free, or for small fee. (It was most likely drafted in Word or something equivalent, which can easily be revised.) I would be leery of having your copy of the trust have one title and the copy the lawyer would retain having another.
    2. I don't know what your parish may require. It most likely is nothing, but the lawyer can help with that too, I imagine.

sph1480

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Destrehan, La
    I had one drawn up a little over a year ago. As far as the name change I would contact the lawyer who did the trust for you. I live in destrehan and didn't have to file anything. I had the trust notarized and it was good to go.

Top Bottom