Nice shot Bro!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    A friend shot this on our last range trip. I made it into a display item for him.
    20121102_121609.jpg
    [/IMG]
    20121102_121405.jpg

20121102_121453.jpg

20121102_121505.jpg

Actual range was over 200yds as it was on the berm past the 200 yd line. He took 1 shot & thought it was a miss because the shell stayed put but there was a nice visible splash on the berm. It was literally 1 shot - 1 shotshell hit. I had some of the same bullets so I pushed one into the hole. The shell is rotated 180* on the base in the pics. His name is on the other side. I just don't post other people info on the net. Side views show the trajectory to some degree. I stick the shells on plant stalks. It was probably leaning toward us a little.

I did another that was a target spotter. He put 5 hits in a row on a 3" spotter at 600 yds in tricky wind. It was for a match that was cancelled but the guys shot a practice match anyway. Target puller and 2 other guys didn't believe it was a OEM rem 700 barrel. The rifle was rebarrelled between the 2 events. Shell was shot with the new barrel.

Last edited:

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Awesome Reminds me of me. Nah not really. I did shut up my brother-in-law when I outshot his scoped Weatherby with my open sighted 1894 Marlin 30-30.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Even with a scope they can be tricky to locate. What we do is put skeet out and that helps as a reference to where the shell is. The S&B white shells are the best for visibility. The red & green not so easy to see. Light makes a big difference. Recticle covers the shell pretty well so knowing the shell is there & not being able to see it is a good sign.
    I started off pushing the shells into the dirt. Problem is it takes away target and a near low miss knocks it out. So now we break off plants and use the stem. 20 guages cut down too much of the target.
    It is a lot of fun with a .22lr. Two trips to the berm to stock it with picked up skeet & shells will keep 2 shooters busy for hours.

DangerClose3/5

Rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Covington
    Man honestly if you wouldn't have mounted both of them for me they would probably be lost or in the trash. Not to mention the way you mounted both of them is pretty creative. I really appreciate it RDO and all the comments from everyone. Thanks guys.

Top Bottom