Nicks 7/28

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Made my first trip to Nicks with two coworkers today. Courteous, professional staff. I'll be back.
    Sighted in the peep sights I installed on the ol fence pole (742 carbine), shot the 27, 29, 39, and BH .41 Mag.
    The 742 is deadle accurate with the peeps, the BH shoots like a dream:D (THNX Vincent!!!), the 27 was walking a litlle....may have to bump up the charge. I don't thing the bullets were obtruferating (?), the 29......I need more practice shootin' that. Yes, I was dropping the shot consistently.:rolleyes: And of couse I was shooting pubic hairs off gnats at 50yds with the 39.
    Got to shoot a buddys 9 1/2" BH 44 Mag. How the hell are you supposed to hold that one steady? Ran a few rounds thru his 1911's. They NEED trigger work. I swear you could hear the trigger gritting thru its pull.
    Watch him shoot some BP bolt action 11mm Mauser.:D Pretty neat.
    All in all a good day despite the heat and humidity.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I'm not sure what all those letters and numbers are, but Nick's is a GREAT place to shoot. It rivals the Honey Island range - just it's open every day except Tuesday. Been shooting there for years.

SeaZast

Nawlins AK Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Nawlins
    I saw there last time no shooting of AK pistols... gee, wonder why. Can we still shoot pg shotguns there?

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    I saw there last time no shooting of AK pistols... gee, wonder why. Can we still shoot pg shotguns there?

Well that sucks... so much for my long-planned trip to Nick's! Honey Island here I come I guess. :(

Why no shooting Dracos anyway?

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    If it's true, I would imagine it's because the hunters who come to sight in their rifles can't aim due to all the noise. Just a guess. No flames please.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    Paul is a member here, maybe he will chim in.

Could it be that there was too much unsafe gun handling going on with that type of weapon at the range. That would be my guess.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Yep. It's a very safe range. When I take new people out to introduce them to shooing I take them to Nicks or Honey Island. Both are great ranges.

PJM

Nicks Shooting Range
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Gramercy
    The reason no ak or ar pistols are allowed is because many people have displayed that they can't safely controll these pistols as well as they wind up spraying everyone's targets. The good have to suffer for the bad unfortunately.

Top Bottom