Nics Pin

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    After being delayed for EVERY SINGLE gun I have ever bought, I decided to get a UPIN. From what I've gathered, those little numbers will give you instant approval. Of course, you have to be approved for it, but what the heck... might as well go for it while you're already waiting for your guns.

Here's what I found out:

Call FBI NICS at: 1-877-444-6427, dial 9 when you get the recording.

A HUMAN BEING will answer the phone. Ask he/she (I got a cute-sounding she when I called) and ask them to send you a VAF UPIN (Voluntary Appeal File) Request Form. They will ask for your mailing address to send you the forms and a fingerprint card. The operator I got was very friendly and helpful. ASK QUESTIONS. If you think there may be a reason why you are consistently delayed, give details and ask them if they are likely to grant you the UPIN. If it's simply a matter of mistaken identity, chances are they will.

This is as far as I've gotten in the process.

Hopefully it will help someone. I will update this as I get further along.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I applied for a UPIN and got one. Took about a month to get. Make sure you fill out all the information correctly no matter how silly it looks. Also, send in a good set of finger prints, it will make thing go a lot better. Larry over at Louisiana gave me the form and I haven't beed delayed since I got the number.

Beauxdog :cool:

FreeCitizen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Leesville
    I'm curious as to why you were delayed every time. I was delayed on my first purchase, but the four after went smoothly. I figured that was the norm.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I'm curious as to why you were delayed every time. I was delayed on my first purchase, but the four after went smoothly. I figured that was the norm.

+1 I've been buying firearms since the day of my eighteenth birthday and not one delay yet...do you have a very common name or something?

Top Bottom