Nightforce Beast

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superscar17

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Broussard
    I've been gone a good while - forced to work overseas in anticipation for this **** oil market. Anyway ... I'm back in the promised land.

I recently purchased a FN Ballista 338 Lapua Magnum which is soon to be released from customs (so I'm told heh). The magazines and additional caliber barrels have been cleared so I'm assuming the rifle is soon to follow. Anyway - I'm searching for a retailer somewhere close to Lafayette or even in Lafayette that carries nightforce and perhaps stocks the Beast. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I will buy one within the month whether i find one locally or not.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I've been gone a good while - forced to work overseas in anticipation for this **** oil market. Anyway ... I'm back in the promised land.

I recently purchased a FN Ballista 338 Lapua Magnum which is soon to be released from customs (so I'm told heh). The magazines and additional caliber barrels have been cleared so I'm assuming the rifle is soon to follow. Anyway - I'm searching for a retailer somewhere close to Lafayette or even in Lafayette that carries nightforce and perhaps stocks the Beast. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I will buy one within the month whether i find one locally or not.

We sell a couple of those a year.

But yes we have a MIL-R in stock and looks like you're name is on it!

superscar17

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Broussard
    im not dead set on the NF beast ... to be honest I dont really know anyone personally with such a high quality optic is why I'm asking. I require rugged with good eye relief. The SB pII 5-25 seems good as well.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I would come check out the Kahles k624i with the AMR reticle. It's all I shoot now.

I saw the BEAST being held in the back with your name on it. We also have plenty of S and B in stock.

I would play with the mall and see which one you like best

Last edited:

Jim's Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    Baton rouge, LA
    Interstate/Sportoptics is definitely going to be a good source of info in guiding your optics purchase for a precision rifle.

FYI I got with our Nightforce rep and confirmed that the Tremor is not illuminated:

The Tremor 3 is not illuminated. Per specifications from Horus. Neither is the H59.

superscar17

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Broussard
    Yall are certainly helpful. The stores here in laffy don't tend to carry higher end optics and always give me a hard time when asking to look at what the have... minus daves. Daves just doesn't seem to keep this stuff in Stock. My gf purchased a blue kimber from Jims... good experience.

I'll make a trip to the br area this week and check what's available.

Last edited:

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    The interstate/sport optics guys are great to deal with. I haven't purchased with them, but they were helpful and responsive. Unfortunately they were out of stock when I was looking. For higher end scopes there is a comparison of quite a few on a site called precision rifle blog. If you're someone who likes to read, they did quite a bit of evaluation and we're well organized.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Another shameless plug for IG/SO. They know their product and the prices are great, along with the before and after sale support.

Top Bottom