Nighttime take of Nutria, Beaver & outlaw quadrupeds

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am curious about something.

In the 2013-2014 Louisiana Hunting pamphlet this reads like this.

Nighttime take of Nutria, Beaver & outlaw quadrupeds

"... Any person attempting to take outlaw quadrupeds under the provisions of this paragraph, within 24 hours prior to the attempted taking, shall notify the sheriff of the parish in which the property is located of his intention to attempt to take outlaw quadrupeds under the provisions of this paragraph."

Checking the revised statutes on the Louisiana Legislature website updated through the 2013 Regular Session.

RS 56:116.1, D., (2)

"... Any person attempting to take outlaw quadrupeds under the provisions of this Paragraph, within twenty-four hours prior to the attempted taking, shall notify the sheriff of the parish in which the property is located of his intention to attempt to take outlaw quadrupeds under the provisions of this Paragraph."

Reading the 2014-2015 Louisiana Hunting pamphlet, this now reads.

"... Anyperson attempting to take outlaw quadrupeds under the provisions of this paragraph, within 24 hours prior to the attempted taking, shall notify the sheriff of the parish in which the property is located, and the LDWF Enforcement Division by calling 1-800-442-2511, of their intention to attempt to take outlaw quadrupeds under the provisions of this paragraph."

I searched all bills on the Legislative website for a bill containing the words LDWF Enforcement Division that changed the wording of this law and could not find it.

I don't see how LDWF can just change the law in the pamphlet. I can understand them wanting to be notified but, the law doesn't say that. Is there any where else they can change a law without going through the legislature that passed the original law.

denign

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    USA
    it's done all the time, by publishing a proposed regulation change for a given time period, like 60 days, for public commentary, then it becomes law. they normally are really sneaky about it, too.

shnev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Last March I notified the Sheriffs office about where I would be, what I was doing, and who else would be there. I came out of the woods at first light to grab some sleep. Low and behold, game warden drives right where I was. I think the Sheriffs office use to notify LDWF, gives them something to do, right? This law frees their time up and they added a RS to put that responsibility on the hunter to notify LDWF. I have mixed feelings about all the hoops just to take some nuisance hogs on my own land at night. It is what it is. I'll do my part to stay within the rule of law.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read through the minutes of all the Louisiana Wildlife Commission until I found where they passed an amendment to the Notice of Intent for the 2014-2015 Hunting Rules and Regulations and added the words requiring notification of LDWF to hunt hogs at night.

You guys that are doing this may want to take notice that this is now a requirement.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Isn't it curious that just because a criminal moron may be killing deer at night illegally that an otherwise law abiding citizen must report to his/her foster guardian before acting lawfully?

God sakes, we live in a dumb world!

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Isn't it curious that just because a criminal moron may be killing deer at night illegally that an otherwise law abiding citizen must report to his/her foster guardian before acting lawfully?

God sakes, we live in a dumb world!

It hopefuly keeps them from having to come out and investigate complaints of night shooting going on in an area. But then they might just come out to see if you are doing what you said you were doing. As a land owner I am always happy to see them around my place. Since I can't shoot night hunters, I have to hope the law enforcement agents are doing their job.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom