Nitrox

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeeperGirl

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    ***********.com
    I dont know how many of you know Nitrox, but I am sorry to have to deliver some not so good news.

Stephen moved to Panama City about maybe 6 months ago, and he has been living there since. Well a few weeks ago he started feeling bad, and he had a temperature of 101, and he found out after they ran some test that he had Pulmonary Embolism, (a blood clot in his lung).
    They began running more test to find out he has stage 3 non small lung cancer. After finding this out he decided to move back to Lafayette and have his home base here while going to MD Anderson for treatment.
    He got out of the hospital and wasnt feeling right, he was having trouble breathing and had no energy. He went back in to find out he has double Pneumonia on top of what he is going through.
    They have spent a week trying to get rid of the double pneumonia and arent having much luck. He had to have a blood transfusion Friday.
    Hospice has stepped in, things arent looking too good.

I am posting this up looking for prayers for him.

Also- I am leaving tomorrow morning to go see him at the hospital, I am trying to put things together to keep him happy and smiling and things that can help him stay happy while he is with us.
    I was wondering if yall would be interested in leaving him messages that I can bring to him. Things that can pick him up when he has a bad day or needs a smile..etc. If you would like to post them on this thread, I will print them out around 5 tomorrow morning to bring with me. I know he would love to hear from yall and it would make him very happy.

I am sorry again to deliver such bad news.

Last edited:

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Oh man. :(. Prayers sent. I met Stephen a few times. He's a really good guy, I hate to hear this. Stay strong brother. You'll be in my prayers.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Stephen ,So sorry to here you are so sick with something that is beyound your control. However we have a higher power that we can ask to help us deal with situations as yours. Having said that, not only will I be praying for you ,but will put you on the prayer list at our church.
    I truly hope they are keeping you comfortable .
    BTW: I can tell you first hand prayer works as I was a goner myself with very little hope June 11,2006. However I am a survivor and you can be also.

God bless.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    This is terribly sad news. I've known Stephen for probably a decade from mIRC channels. I will add him to my intercessory prayer list.

Last edited:

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Kick its ass, Stephen. You will be in our thoughts and peayers.

BTW.....Is this how bad it has to get to have JeepGirl make a "personal" visit?

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Oh man. :(. Prayers sent. I met Stephen a few times. He's a really good guy, I hate to hear this. Stay strong brother. You'll be in my prayers.

Wow we met up at Sherburne one time and we went shooting with my son last summer. I think you came by too. I know we ran into Tx_oil also.

He is a nice guy. He is in our prayers.

Top Bottom