No more State Income taxes? Maybe...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Let's end property tax all together, and privatize and make voluntary subscription to the police & fire protection, use of schools, libraries, parks, roadways, etc.

:mamoru:

Hey I don't want my neighbors house burning down just because they didn't pay their subscription. That kills my property value, bro.

Although I could go for all toll roads as it would sure cut down on traffic. And if I don't pay for police protection, will they not write me a speeding ticket? :D

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This issue is almost comical! The democrats are hell bent on keeping the slugs and freeshitters in the fold. Most of them are too f'n stupid to realize how badly they are being used. Even the ones that may have some sense of education refuse to see the enslavement. But, to them; it is better to let their people languish in poverty and stupidity than to call them out as helpless; and ultimately try to help them.

So, in that regard; F them! Make them pay for services and material goods too! It's the only way to get something back for the taxpayers that have to cover them. And even though they may have illigitmate businesses, and other illegal forms of income, including Medical fraud and/or fraudulent disability claims; these drags on society buy "Stuff". Sales taxes are the only equitable way to get it from EVERYONE.

No use! No pay!

Until you guys are ready to stop sending these thieves in Washington and the State Capitals money; let's at least get as many to pay as we can through usage taxes.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Im a non smoker, and I am NOT okay with the cigarette tax being bumped up. The govt is taxing to punish an act they disapprove of. The cigarette box says on it "this will kill you. enjoy" Ignoring that warning is your right, and what makes this country a fantastic and free place to call home.

What if it were bullets, sodas, or rated R movies? (All are already either on the list or being discussed across the country already)

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Im a non smoker, and I am NOT okay with the cigarette tax being bumped up. The govt is taxing to punish an act they disapprove of. The cigarette box says on it "this will kill you. enjoy" Ignoring that warning is your right, and what makes this country a fantastic and free place to call home.

What if it were bullets, sodas, or rated R movies? (All are already either on the list or being discussed across the country already)
    Agreed, I'm against all "sin taxes" in general. IMO, you can't be for cigarette taxes and against Michael Bloomberg Big Gulp bans/taxes.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Agreed, I'm against all "sin taxes" in general. IMO, you can't be for cigarette taxes and against Michael Bloomberg Big Gulp bans/taxes.

Consumption taxes should be levied at an equal rate across the board. No exceptions! Sucking on a **** stick should cost no more (by tax percentage), than sucking on a lollipop!

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    :mamoru:

Hey I don't want my neighbors house burning down just because they didn't pay their subscription. That kills my property value, bro.

well, there is a price to true liberty.

Although I could go for all toll roads as it would sure cut down on traffic. And if I don't pay for police protection, will they not write me a speeding ticket? :D

lol, unfortunately it wouldn't work that way ;)

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

I am not a smoker but my wife is I wish they would raise the cost to 50 bucks a pack
    I was also in a Cancer ward at EJ for 6 months and Trust me Medicare pays out plenty bucks on old folks with Cancer. 60-80K a week for out patient, plus.
    So putting a tax to help pay for that or anything else is Ok with me.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I am for a sales tax
    Let everyone who has hopped, skipped, swam, Jumped ect. to this side the border and works for cash pay when they buy.
    I have seen way to much cash being spent on 22-24" rims tires ect in the past.
    Sure some was Ok $$ but there has to be a way to make the illegal {undocumented guest workers} in this country pay. And those doing this that illegally as a job to pay there taxes

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    just look at it like i do its a way to tax people on SS and SS disability.
    Fair point newt, but what about all the SS scammers who get their kids put on SS because of ADD/ADHD at 6 years old? They get that for life, if I am not mistaken. All these terms need to be redefined, and people in these programs need to be reclassified. That way elderly SS recipients or the truly disabled might get some sort of exemption.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    This is a dreadfully bad idea for people who are trying to make a few bucks on the side of their regular jobs. Anyone who provides a service now that does not collect sales taxes will be forced to so under this plan.

Babysitter. Lawn Service. House painter. Gun customizer. Dog walker. Tutor. In addition to the doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc. who will now have to collect sales taxes on what they do.

If you do something for someone else, you would have to collect taxes from them, provide them a receipt, keep records for the State Revenue Department, and file monthly sales tax reports with the state. If you don't, you will likely face charges of some sort.

Remember that the Feds didn't get Al Capone for his crimes; they got him for taxes. It will be too easy to become a tax evader by accident if we are all required to collect taxes and send them in for the things that we do every day now without the burden.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    There was a de-minimis rule u dee $10k, but if you make $10.5k on the side, you would half to collect them.

There was an exemption for tangible personal property rental but I didn't see anything about real estate rentals... Are you ready to up the rent you pay/charge? Ready to be REQUIRED to submit monthly reports as a landlord?

I also haven't seen anything regarding the parish sales taxes. I assume that the parishes would piggy-back the new state law too and tax services, but I really don't know. This would add a good bit more than the 6.88% being discussed here (roughly 5% more) and require yet an additional form to file monthly.

Granted, sales tax returns aren't difficult to file, but I don't see the state or the smaller parishes effectively or efficiently policing the filings or collections. He'll, the state can't even keep up right now with the income tax returns. Most current employees don't even know how their own system works. Have you tried calling them lately?

Top Bottom