Non ammo crisis

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Triggerhppy83

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Slidell
    Well, I made a crazy post last night about my feelings of the price gougers around here. It was quickly deleted by the moderators, no surprise. I wanted to start fresh and try saying this without offending anyone this time.

I have spoken to several people at several stores and seems to be that ammo shipments are coming in regularly. Most stores are out of stock because the panic buyers had cleaned them out so they are now trying to catch up on their inventory. When they get a shipment it sells out immediatly. All of this information is not new, I know everyone is aware. My issue is simple. I watch these guys go in to stores like Wal Mart and Academy and buy up whatever caliber they can get their hands on knowing all they are going to do is resell. I have heard them talking about it in the stores, laughing about the stupid people who buy it from them.

Why can't we stand together as a group and stop supporting these clowns. It seems like a simple plan. Don't buy from them, they will stop buying it, then you can buy it from the store. (AT REGULAR PRICE)

My previous post asked the moderators to filter these fools but I didn't exactly word it in a polite manner so it was quickly disregarded. So I ask them again, when it is an obvious price gouger selling ammo at more than double the price that stores have it IN STOCK for, BLOCK IT. Stop letting them clutter up what used to be a good forum. Do we really want another gunbroker here???

With all of that, I'll be doing some research on the ammo sale laws. I know that several of these guys would be in trouble if ATF investigated because the purchase of a firearm with intent to resell for profit is illegal. You would need an FFL, I wonder the same about ammo??? I know you are allowed to buy and sell your personal use items at will but once you do it for profit as an income it's another story

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Yea I hear you.
    We went through this a couple months ago and it seems the request of a few fell on deaf ears, being a free market and all.
    This has brought numbers a d traffic to the site, whatever that's worth.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Supply and demand.. They don't need to be filtered just don't buy from them. If someone is stupid enough to pay $950 for 1000 rounds of 223 then oh well it's thier money. A fool and his money will soon be parted.

I see some of the posts on here and I laugh. I saw one last night for CCI Mini Mags. I can go to Wally World and pay $6.79 for a 100 rd box. Well I could when they have them. This guy wanted $20 a box! I told the wife I hope he chokes on them!! I am lucky because everytime the wife and/or I went to Wal-Mart I would pick up a box or two of ammo. She still looks for shits and giggles. Fortunately I have 3K or 4K Mini-mags and the same amount of Federal Auto Match .22LR. Same with 9mm, 45ACP and 223/556 plus everything that I reload.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Nobody is twisting anyone's arm and making them buy anything.

Don't like my price on CCI's? Run down to Wally world and buy some for $7.00... Oh wait, you can't cause they're aren't any. I sure am choking on a lot of them though.

Guess that blows your anecdote out of the water.

You guys amaze me. Raise hell about FREE MARKETS, OH LET THE FREE MARKET REIGN. But ya'll are the first ones to cry when the free market does exactly what it's supposed to do.

But hey, Triggerhppy, you got your wish, I've decided it isn't worth the effort or time and having to listen to the bitching to make a whole $80 on a case of ammo. I'll keep it all and shoot it.

I'll be shooting while you're still bitching about not being able to find it and how unfair it is.

Triggerhppy83

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Slidell
    HAHAHA FLamatrix99, as you can see the DS727 is the guy that tipped me over the edge with his $20 a box CCI he posted. And by the way DS727, I did purchase a box of CCI mini mag at academy Saturday morning for $8.15 after tax. I also just order 1600rds of American Eagle yesterday for $115 after shipping, as well as just ordered another 1100 Remington golden bullet this morning for $60. So to say you can't find any is a joke. It's out there you just have to search for it.

The fact of free market reigning has nothing to do with individuals such as yourself price gouging and trying to screw over their fellow hobby shooters. Freemarket is directed towards government control over individual business.
    Feel free to post and sell whatever to whoever you want. I just hope that the screwing you are trying to do comes back to you. That one day when you are in a bind and need something. I am not against people makin a buck, i get it. They are a little rare, but not extinct. You act as if you have the last remaining 22lr in the world. Hate to break the news but the 22lr was and still is the most produced bullet in the United States so I'm sure there is plenty to go around if people like you would stop the ********.

$10 a box would have gotten you a quick sale and probably a bunch of thank you's and praise for being a good guy. $20 a box gets you the status title of "DOUCHE BAG"
    Wear it proudly sir

Oh and all this is going to add to my stock of a few thousand rounds.
    Just to show you I don't need your ammo, but thought your post was so crazy I had to say something

Last edited:

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Hey buddy, I'm glad you found what you're looking for at a price you wanted to pay.

You don't know me. Your opinion is based on your notion that I am "out to screw over" my fellow man/shooter/human.

Anyone who does know me, will tell you the exact opposite is true. I didn't hold a gun to anyone's head and make them buy what I have to sell. If they want it, fine. If they don't, they can keep on looking.

Since you want everyone to believe I'm such a bad guy, I decided it wasn't worth it. I won't sell any of them.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    As a matter of fact, I'll go so far as to do this: I've got 8 boxes of 100 rounds each.

The first 8 people, including you, Triggerhppy, who will contact me and are available to meet me at the Bass Pro in Denham Springs after 2pm today only will get a FREE 100 round box of CCI .22LR Hollow point ammo.

Now, is a douchebag willing to do that?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I wrote a huge reply that somehow got lost in cyberspace. I don't have the energy to rewrite it, so here's the Cliff Notes:

What crawled up ass, free market, personal responsibility, big boy undies, banned.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Banned or not, I'm a man of my word. My offer still stands.

I won't be called something I'm not. And if I have to prove it, I will.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I've got a decent supply of 22 packed away. The thing is, you just cant win. I'd be a douche if I wanted to sell it for more than I bought it for. I'd be a douche if I just hold onto it and dont sell it at all. Either way, I'm a douche to someone.

I give up. I'm just going to have a refreshing glass of water and vinegar. :(

youre-a-douche-239x300.jpeg

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Triggerhappy83, You may want to review YOUR classifieds ads before pointing fingers.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I've got a decent supply of 22 packed away. The thing is, you just cant win. I'd be a douche if I wanted to sell it for more than I bought it for. I'd be a douche if I just hold onto it and dont sell it at all. Either way, I'm a douche to someone.

Clear your conscience. Give it to me. :)

:D I think you summed it up fairly well, in all seriousness. I guess some folks never read The Ant And The Grasshopper. :dunno:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom