Non ammo crisis

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Just give it time -- ammo will take a little longer to stabalize. Look at people selling their AR type weapons -- look at the "Lower Price" they are now asking since 2 months ago. Stores are starting to get some of these weapons back on the shelves and the people who paid $1,800 for a Bushmaster, Windham, DPMS, etc, etc, are going to feel pretty silly (and broke) that they paid 2x what they should have.

Now it is easy to say just quit buying ammo it but in reality it'll never happen. Just like that E-mail going around telling everyone not to buy gasoline for three days and it would cripple the gas industry....NEVER going to happen.

So, do like me -- sit tight, let the idiots pay out the nose for overpriced guns and ammo......and as time passes you'll probably be able to pick up their stuff for cheap when they get into a finincial bind.

Cheers!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    For those wanting to scrap supply and demand economics in a supposedly "free market" Capitalist society; be sure to sell the vegetables you have grown in your backyard below what the supermarkets wanted for it when they had it before the food shortages start.

Make friends! Not money! :doh:

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    For those wanting to scrap supply and demand economics in a supposedly "free market" Capitalist society; be sure to sell the vegetables you have grown in your backyard below what the supermarkets wanted for it when they had it before the food shortages start.

Uh.. What?

doug426

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Slidell
    I don't have a problem with supply and demand, but I am troubled by the online suppliers who have tripled plus their prices. They are paying the same wholesale as all of the others, and they are trying to gouge consumers. I visit Gunbot.net frequently, and I have a list of the suppliers from whom I will never buy from again. They may be making profit now, but my money will never line their pockets. Ammo is easing and I for one won't forget!
    Molan Labe

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I was going to post some ammo for sale but did not want to get Pm's saying i am charging to much.
    I So I backed off, Maybe I will still will...

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I was going to post some ammo for sale but did not want to get Pm's saying i am charging to much.
    I So I backed off, Maybe I will still will...

You post as much as you want for however much you want. You'll never hear me bitch about it.

It's supply & demand folks. If the price is too high, move along, but don't belittle ANYONE for what they are willing to pay for something they want, now.

People here just can't stand it. Everyone has to get their panties in a wad. Bayoushooter doesn't need any caped superheros to save the gullible public from filthy ammo gougers.

Silver03gt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Harvey, LA
    I see where the guy is coming from but i'm not going to tell you that you cant ask what you want for it. I will submit and offer and I would hope that you aren't negative toward me for submitting an offer. In this climate I have no problem letting someone making a little money off me but some of the prices people are asking are a little ridiculous but i'm not going to be paying that much. I say that you can ask what you want but don't get mad when someone makes a truly reasonable offer.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Personally, I don't see any problem with somebody asking 3 times what they paid for something if its their personal stash to sell. I have a clear choice to purchase or not. They aren't the only source. If I have 1000 rounds of 9mm and decide that I can make a profit, I have to decide whether its worth it to me to go without, whether I'll be able to replace it for the same cost, and how long and how much trouble it will take to do so, etc. if someone decides to buy my box of 9mm for $30 when I paid $10, I'm certain they did so because they had similar thoughts. And anybody here that can give me a guarantee that things will return to "normal" and WHEN can come get some ammo from me for what I paid for it. Or look a little harder for a better deal. The griping about it is rediculous

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Every time someone starts one of these douce/free market threads it gets easier to tell who does not have any ammo.
    hahaha!!! This!!
    If you don't prepare, especially when people are urging you, you can expect to pay more after the fact. Think of it as paying a fee for someone else stepping up and making it available when you could have easily been prepared yourself but chose not to.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I do like Canadian bacon, on pizza as well as breakfast...

It does bug me that the same people are clearing out the local academy on a regular basis. They're running a business without a license effectively. They're not paying income tax on the profits either I bet. Some of us have to work and can't go to academy every morning to get to the stock before its gone. They're making enough profit for it to be significant. Anyone work for the IRS or Jeff Parish Tax Assessors Office? :)

Seriously, it would be nice if Academy would stagger the release times of their limited supply of ammo. 7pm would be nice occasionally.

Mac 1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Welsh, LA
    I happened to be second in line one day at Academy while they were unloading a truck of ammo. There were two boxes of the Lake City Federal 420 rounds of 5.56. They were $189.00 a piece. I grabbed one and the other guy grabbed one. I went home and went on the facebook trade sites and sure enough, here is this ******* selling what he bought for $189.00 for $400.00. Man, that pissed me off. But it is supply and demand and some poor bastard ended up buying it for that price.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    I was sorting through some old ammo cans today and came upon 2 boxes of CCI 22 LR with .87c price stickers on them. If I decide to sell them at 3 times that, $2.61 each, would I be a douche?

Top Bottom