NOPD Take Down One of the Most Heinous Criminals!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    How in the world can this city's leaders be so pre-occupied with confederate monuments, and this silliness below, when they are having record rates of violence and murder?

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/09/lakeview_restaurant_owner_accu.html#incart_most-readnews

The city has descended into criminal chaos, and armed criminals and murderers are afoot in the French Quarter on a semi-regular basis, all while the NOPD is experiencing record low officers in the ranks, can't find any to replace them, and is constantly facing budget shortfalls for resources; and this is what is a priority!

While this is going on in the city's (and one of the state's), major arteries for tax revenues.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/30102544/judge-becomes-crimes-victim-is-furious-with-nopd-response

And this is being threatened on the city.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/09/nopd_manpower_community_polici.html#incart_story_package

And this may be the same guy, one incident happening 1 block away from the police station.

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/crime/2015/09/23/nopd/72698632/

But for goodness sake, let's investigate the guy that shoots a possum. And yes, I heard there was a detailed investigation, a photo lineup, and 3 officers on this. :doh:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You know reporting crime is bad for business

Several online New Orleans News outlets have "murder maps" on their sites. How utterly sad! They put animated murder maps on their websites like it's some kind of game for people to follow along, and no one is calling for the expulsion of the phony liberals running the city or for them to be thrown out of there.

But this moron phony Mitch Landrieu spends time and man hours to try to remove a statue that has been there over 125 years. What an embarrassment!

And on top of that, Drew Brees is hurt! :run:

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Maybe they're angling for a reality show. I share your disgust with the politics but sadly its become the norm.

Well I have the name of it; "The Phony Liberal Illusionists of Orleans Parish"

Now, think about the nosy POS that called the cops on the restaurant owner for killing the possum. This dumbass hears gunshots, calls police, they investigate, he tells them the truth (about the possum), they arrest him, and now he faces jail time.

Moral of the story, lie to the police! And yes, I know that is the irresponsible answer, but think about it; if he throws the possum in the dumpster, picks up the casings, and lies and tells them he heard the gunshots too but didn't see anything; they go about their business!

How is killing a possum cruelty to animals? It is legal to kill possums while hunting in the state. Are they asserting the Lakeview possum has more Rights than a Pearl River possum because it is illegal to hunt with a gun in the city limits?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Not so fast! A few of the comments: :mamoru:

He should have been arrested for serving terrible food instead.

I for one do not blame the guy. As for the restaurant, the burgers are pretty good, but the prices are incredibly high for the food. The service is average at best. Plus the video poker machines never pays out.

He and his Lakeview Restaurant can rot in hell.

Maybe Mr. Schenck will have to do some community service, such as changing the color of his restaurant's walls from that sick FEMA tarp color.

I wonder what the Chef's special is for Wednesday night?

Mr. Scheneck must be a coward.

You could be backing a douche! :D

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    How in the world can this city's leaders be so pre-occupied with confederate monuments, and this silliness below, when they are having record rates of violence and murder?

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/09/lakeview_restaurant_owner_accu.html#incart_most-readnews

The city has descended into criminal chaos, and armed criminals and murderers are afoot in the French Quarter on a semi-regular basis, all while the NOPD is experiencing record low officers in the ranks, can't find any to replace them, and is constantly facing budget shortfalls for resources; and this is what is a priority!

While this is going on in the city's (and one of the state's), major arteries for tax revenues.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/30102544/judge-becomes-crimes-victim-is-furious-with-nopd-response

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/09/nopd_manpower_community_polici.html#incart_story_package

And this may be the same guy, one incident happening 1 block away from the police station.

But for goodness sake, let's investigate the guy that shoots a possum. And yes, I heard there was a detailed investigation, a photo lineup, and 3 officers on this. :doh:

You cronicle why I dont watch news period!
    And I dont really listen to much of it on the radio. As a country we are bi-polar and/or delusional. There is no facet of our lives that is not played to the Lowest Common Denominator. And I aint talking math here. We have stupid rules to protect stupid people. We put warning label on everything. All forms of music have been destroyed and marketed to people too dumb to know what they are listening to is crap. TV sitcoms suck so bad that we watch "reality tv" which is the furthest thing from reality. News isnt news its a promote our agenda hour. Even the weather is more of a "lets make a story from nothing" kind of deal. Not to mention they tease the weather report so much that them talking about the weather coming up gets more air play then the actual weather report.

The reason the stuck on stupid approach continues is as a public we keep letting it happen. Deaths from accidents involving "selfie sticks" are out pacing shark attacks this year. We are living in a post intilectual socitey. Think Idiocracy

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You cronicle why I dont watch news period!
    And I dont really listen to much of it on the radio. As a country we are bi-polar and/or delusional. There is no facet of our lives that is not played to the Lowest Common Denominator. And I aint talking math here. We have stupid rules to protect stupid people. We put warning label on everything. All forms of music have been destroyed and marketed to people too dumb to know what they are listening to is crap. TV sitcoms suck so bad that we watch "reality tv" which is the furthest thing from reality. News isnt news its a promote our agenda hour. Even the weather is more of a "lets make a story from nothing" kind of deal. Not to mention they tease the weather report so much that them talking about the weather coming up gets more air play then the actual weather report.

The reason the stuck on stupid approach continues is as a public we keep letting it happen. Deaths from accidents involving "selfie sticks" are out pacing shark attacks this year. We are living in a post intilectual socitey. Think Idiocracy

While I agree with much of your post, these news stories (minus the possum murder), are worth knowing about. This is crime that is happening all around. Though it can get depressing to hear ad nauseum, being aware of what is taking place around you is worthwhile info. Particularly if you have a girlfriend, wife, or kids. Case and point; if you were aware that there was a rash of armed robberies in a particular neighborhood, and one Saturday night your kid told you he was going to a party, and you found out it was in the same neighborhood, you could use that info to help him make better decisions and be more situation aware if he goes!

But the real crux of my post is to show how absolutely lost New Orleans police are down there. Whether it's their leadership or they are just zombies, this guy should have never been arrested! And the trumped up charge of cruelty makes it even worse. There are real people getting raped, robbed, beaten, and murdered; and this is what drives up to central lockup for booking. Absolutely stupid!

And the arresting officer was a sergeant? Look, I understand following the oath to uphold all laws; but have read countless LEO's on here talk about their inherent discretion! This was a terrible waste of resources. I think this smells of vendetta or some type of squabble between restaurant and neighbor. This is too stupid to believe that N.O. needs to arrest people for this.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    While I agree with much of your post, these news stories (minus the possum murder), are worth knowing about. This is crime that is happening all around. Though it can get depressing to hear ad nauseum, being aware of what is taking place around you is worthwhile info. Particularly if you have a girlfriend, wife, or kids. Case and point; if you were aware that there was a rash of armed robberies in a particular neighborhood, and one Saturday night your kid told you he was going to a party, and you found out it was in the same neighborhood, you could use that info to help him make better decisions and be more situation aware if he goes!

But the real crux of my post is to show how absolutely lost New Orleans police are down there. Whether it's their leadership or they are just zombies, this guy should have never been arrested! And the trumped up charge of cruelty makes it even worse. There are real people getting raped, robbed, beaten, and murdered; and this is what drives up to central lockup for booking. Absolutely stupid!

And the arresting officer was a sergeant? Look, I understand following the oath to uphold all laws; but have read countless LEO's on here talk about their inherent discretion! This was a terrible waste of resources. I think this smells of vendetta or some type of squabble between restaurant and neighbor. This is too stupid to believe that N.O. needs to arrest people for this.

Well I have the name of it; "The Phony Liberal Illusionists of Orleans Parish"

Now, think about the nosy POS that called the cops on the restaurant owner for killing the possum. This dumbass hears gunshots, calls police, they investigate, he tells them the truth (about the possum), they arrest him, and now he faces jail time.

Moral of the story, lie to the police! And yes, I know that is the irresponsible answer, but think about it; if he throws the possum in the dumpster, picks up the casings, and lies and tells them he heard the gunshots too but didn't see anything; they go about their business!

How is killing a possum cruelty to animals? It is legal to kill possums while hunting in the state. Are they asserting the Lakeview possum has more Rights than a Pearl River possum because it is illegal to hunt with a gun in the city limits?

2063574_zpsz8sz0zu2.jpg

:mamoru: :mamoru:

http://grammarist.com/spelling/opossum-possum/

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette

The secret is out, New Orleans will be the Chicago of the south!
    Please by all means do not let the Pope find out! You will be told to tolerate, excuse, and look the other way as crime grows out of control (sarcasm).
    Hell Christians are being led to their deaths by ISIS and all he can do is talk about Global warming, pollution and capitalism!
    Local, National,world leaders and the people that buy into there BS are drinking some serious Kool Aid!!
    Just give it time, something worse will happen and soon overshadow all of this.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I let the possums hang around my camp yard. They don't hurt anything and happily clean up scraps...My "custodial possum" looks like he weighs about 18 lbs and gets the much better end of the deal....Bastard eats like a king compared to his fellow possum brethren. Table scraps, dead snakes, duck guts, old biscuits and bread- you name it. He'll have whatever you offer up. :dogkeke:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    maybe is wasn't a "clean shot" hence they pursued the cruelty charge.

Either way, if they were to charge him if anything. It should be illegal discharge of a weapon.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I let the possums hang around my camp yard. They don't hurt anything and happily clean up scraps...My "custodial possum" looks like he weighs about 18 lbs and gets the much better end of the deal....Bastard eats like a king compared to his fellow possum brethren. Table scraps, dead snakes, duck guts, old biscuits and bread- you name it. He'll have whatever you offer up. :dogkeke:

I probably wouldn't have shot this possum either, but the absurdity of it all is staggering. We used to buy live hogs from an old market on Bienville Street in Mid City, bring them home, and shoot them in my backyard in Lakeview for weekend barbeques in the '80's. Had neighbors that didn't care. However, once; the NOPD showed up. Two cops (one white, one black), tell us they got a complaint about a live hog running around, we told them what we were doing and how we were going to dispatch the animal. The white cop actually tried to give us tips on where to place the shot. Little did he know, this was a 5th BBQ. :mamoru:

Nonetheless, it shows the discretion versus the ridiculous. BTW: it was illegal to discharge firearms then too.

The influx of yuppies after Katrina has ruined that area. And they will, like roaches, continue to degrade that laid back lifestyle with their ideological hatred of traditional America of old. I'd bet my last dollar, the complainer is not a native Louisianan.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    maybe is wasn't a "clean shot" hence they pursued the cruelty charge.

Either way, if they were to charge him if anything. It should be illegal discharge of a weapon.

I would bet that is not the case! I was charged with cruelty to animals for hunting squirrels in City Park! Trumped up charge! It can't be cruelty to animals if it is legal hunting season and I am properly licensed.

LEO's can chime in, cause I would like to know how the cops arrive at that charge based on the sentence above; unless there is a difference solely because of the illegal discharge law?!?

Top Bottom