North Louisiana gunsmith needed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kw4570gov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2009
    Looking for a gunsmith in the North Louisiana area to install Apex Tactical triggers in a couple of S&W M&P pistols.

Thanks
    Kent

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Don't know which side of the state your on but Clarks in Princeton can do that work for ya.
    336 Shootout Ln Princeton, LA 71067
    (318) 949-9884

Beauxdog

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I had Clarks do some work a while back (years). It took forever (months and months to clean up a Ruger revolver trigger and chamfer the cylinder), but the work was great. Too much internal politics around that place for me, though, and I stopped frequenting their shop or store (it shut down?).

Willis Arms is also someone I would check out, he can either do it and will tell you, or he can't and will tell you. I've had great luck dealing with him and he has a very nice little shop.

Willis Arms Repair Inc.
    James Willis, Gunsmith/FFL
    1607 Hwy 527
    ElmGrove, LA. 71051
    (318) 742-7432
    Hours: 9am - 6pm Mon - Fri
    sales@willisarms.com

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    I had Clarks do some work a while back (years). It took forever (months and months to clean up a Ruger revolver trigger and chamfer the cylinder), but the work was great. Too much internal politics around that place for me, though, and I stopped frequenting their shop or store (it shut down?).

Willis Arms is also someone I would check out, he can either do it and will tell you, or he can't and will tell you. I've had great luck dealing with him and he has a very nice little shop.

Willis Arms Repair Inc.
    James Willis, Gunsmith/FFL
    1607 Hwy 527
    ElmGrove, LA. 71051
    (318) 742-7432
    Hours: 9am - 6pm Mon - Fri
    sales@willisarms.com

+1 for James Willis. He is very knowledgeable and there isn't a project I wouldn't trust him with. He is also very reasonable price wise.

+100 for James Willis, he is a very knowledgable gunsmith... he knows his stuff and does the job right. Just give him and call and pick his brain, he will no disappoint!

Peace,
    Evan

kw4570gov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestions guys but Clark's and Willis both said they will not do the work. Clark's said they don't work on M&P's and Willis won't do trigger work on handguns unless it is a 1911 due to liability reasons. If you guys know of anyone else, please let me know. I think I will call Apex Monday and see if they will do it for me.

Thanks
    Kent

Top Bottom