Nothing but Hoodies

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayouteche85

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Breaux Bridge
    It doesn't seem like too many people are duck hunters based on the threads in the hunting section, so I'll go ahead and break the monotony of the deer threads.

viewer.php
    [/URL][/IMG]

I know they aren't as pretty as a bunch of mallards or pintails, but damnit, we shot them and have to be proud! We took three woodies this morning and another hooded merganser. No pics though.

Come on people, lets see some ducks!

bayouteche85

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Breaux Bridge
    ^Very nice!!!

Keep'em coming!!!

Looking forward to the second split and hoping to make a few hunts in different locations.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    It doesn't seem like too many people are duck hunters based on the threads in the hunting section, so I'll go ahead and break the monotony of the deer threads.

viewer.php
    [/URL][/IMG]

I know they aren't as pretty as a bunch of mallards or pintails, but damnit, we shot them and have to be proud! We took three woodies this morning and another hooded merganser. No pics though.

Come on people, lets see some ducks!

I luvs me some squealer ducks...we cooked some marsh ducks at work for some squealer eaters last week, they wouldn't eat them...for which me and a couple other guys were very appreciative

idunno

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    I saw some of those Saturday while fishing around Lake St. Catherine. I didn't know what they were. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

FWIW, I thought the males were prettier than any mallard I've ever seen.

bayouteche85

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Breaux Bridge
    Ben, where are ya'll hunting? You have a pretty decent assortment there.

All of our hunts in the first split were north of Port Barre but we see a load of different ducks. One of the guys I took only hunts in the marsh down south and was shocked at the number of merganser and wood duck. He had only shot one merganser hen in 15 yrs hunting, then took two drakes and a hen Saturday. God, I'm already anxious for the 18th!

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Ben, where are ya'll hunting? You have a pretty decent assortment there.

All of our hunts in the first split were north of Port Barre but we see a load of different ducks. One of the guys I took only hunts in the marsh down south and was shocked at the number of merganser and wood duck. He had only shot one merganser hen in 15 yrs hunting, then took two drakes and a hen Saturday. God, I'm already anxious for the 18th!

South of Kaplan. We are killing a lot of green wings right now. With that we've had some spoon bills and woodies (a bunch of woodies in the area, they just won't decoy), a few blue-wings, grey ducks, and and tree ducks, a couple mallards, pintail and ring-necks, one canvas back, one cinnamon teal and one speck.

Top Bottom