NRA Banquet - Thanks for Coming!!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The Pelican State Friends of NRA is hosting their 18th Annual banquet. We are expecting a huge turnout and DOORS OPEN AT 6:00pm.

Crowne Plaza hotel in Baton Rouge

The Friends raises tens of thousands of dollars that goes directly to supporting local area youth shooting sports and shooting education.

Walk ins are welcomed on the night of the event.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have a few Gun-A-Month Raffle Tickets left.

$50 for 12 chances. Theoretically you COULD win all 12 brand new name brand guns.

pm me if interested.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What kind of things will be going on at this event?

Multiple raffles for guns, hunting trips, knives, gun related merch., etc. Games of chance for prizes(guns). A sit down dinner. Silent and live auctions(for guns). And alot of people gathered around talking about guns.

I am sure there will some bullshitting, lying, pretending, and other things humans that like guns do; but guns and gun stuff is probably the center theme.

All kidding aside, this is fundraiser event that is for the fostering and further continuance of the shooting sports and firearms education through the youth programs, and many grants we give to local shooting clubs, law enforcement, ranges, instructors, etc.

NRA_Dave

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    We have our gun a Month raffle tickets still (300 total w/ less than 50 to sell), live auction, silent auction, bucket raffles and lots of games where guns can be won. We will have 40+ guns to win including a Custom Ruger Bisley with the only unfluted .45acp cylinder ever made by Ruger reworked by Dan Calvert and Turnbull Restoration underwritten by Custom Actuation and a crazy custom AK 47 in 6.5 Grendel built by Red Jacket Firearms. We also have an amazing personal tour of the NRA National Firearms Museum given by Museum Director Jim Supica and four awesome hunts at Gator Bayou Hunting Club. Oh and ........ Be there!

Tickets are $50.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Julia and I were there along with Alan (GeauxShootin) and his wife, saw Beauxdog & lil Beaux, Charlie Papa, Vigilante and others.

Spent a lot of money and had a great time. I'm glad I overpaid for a few items, it was well worth the cause!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Thanks to everyone that came out. It was an exceptional turnout. I had many people tell me that it was the largest outdoor/gun related banquet function they have ever attended in Baton Rouge, including any DU banquets. I am proud to have my name and my efforts associated with the Pelican State Friends of NRA.

Next year if the trend of growth continues(and I've no doubt it will), we may need a bigger venue.:rockon:

Thanks again everyone. It was a howling success!:bravo:

BTW: I have only 15 of the Gun of Month tickets left of the entire 300. You won't win the Beretta, but there are 11 more fantastic firearms left to win. PM me if interested.

Last edited:

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    ...Had a great time folks; It was nice to see some friendly faces and sneak away with a few toys. I'll be looking forward to next year, and checking my phone monthly for that "gun a month winner" call :D

Top Bottom