NRA business

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrainingPatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2013
    Pitkin
    Hey everyone, I have a question for giving NRA classes. In the state of Louisiana do you have to have a business license to teach NRA classes or the Louisiana canceled handgun classes? Could someone at least point me in the right direction to obtaining this information? I know if I consider my classes as a business I would have to charge taxes for what Parish I teach in. Thank you in advance for all information.

cduplantis72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    I'm far from being an experienced businessman, but I am sure that many will advise you to setup an LLC as a minimum to protect you and your personal assets from any liability.

Collecting/paying tax is a part of free enterprise. Generally, some folks get it done with some software and some good advice. I recommend finding a good CPA to help you find write offs and file.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    First, Join the NRA business Alliance
    Second, Services are not taxed
    Third, you establish a business "Nexus" in whichever parish you teach in, so if you ever sell goods in that parish you must pay collect the tax for that parish.

Filing for an LLC or Corporation is really easy online, but the record keeping of the state is pretty **** poor. We have 3 corps, and one is always marked as not being in good standing for not filling out a form or something. The thing is, we do all the "corporate meetings" and mail in the paperwork for all 3 at the same time... One of them is as simple as filling out the $0 tax return since right now it is just really a shelf corp. I wish you could do everything online, but some things you have to print and mail in, those are where you run into problems. Everything online is quick, you could have an LA corp in under an hour. Oh, then apply for an EIN, you will need an occupational license, if you plan on using your own facility, an occupancy permit. Some locals may require more or less.

NRA business alliance offers a good insurance package for Instructors, use it.

You could always teach as an employee of a business, but if it were me I would treat you as a contractor and have you have all the other stuff anyway, but maxed insurance business policy would still cover my tail if you messed up.

Top Bottom