NRA: Dangerous Bill Gutting Louisiana’s Firearms Preemption Law

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If it passes (which I believe a snowball has a better chance in hell), the illustrious Gov. J.B.E. would sign it into law faster than a politician can steal 2 nickels. I find this to be a slap in the face of the responsible firearm owners and firearms industry in LA. To think that Richard Lipsey ,the owner of Lipsey's ( the largest privately owned firearms distributor in the country) ,was a huge contributor to the JBE campaign. He was also one of the heads of the JBE transition team to receive the office of Gov from the Jindal administration. I guess it just goes to show that no amount of $ can buy loyalty from a LIB.

Last edited:

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    If it passes (which I believe a snowball has a better chance in hell), the illustrious Gov. J.B.E. would sign it into law faster than a politician can steal 2 nickels. I find this to be a slap in the face of the responsible firearm owners and firearms industry in LA. To think that Richard Lipsey ,the owner of Lipsey's ( the largest privately owned firearms distributor in the country) ,was a huge contributor to the JBE campaign. He was also one of the heads of the JBE transition team to receive the office of Gov from the Jindal administration. I guess it just goes to show that no amount of $ can buy loyalty from a LIB.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I sent the letter today and forwarded the info to some pro 2A friends in hopes they will do the same....

I don't follow who is who in firearms distributing so I have to ask. Is Lipsey's based out of Louisiana?

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I sent the letter today and forwarded the info to some pro 2A friends in hopes they will do the same....

I don't follow who is who in firearms distributing so I have to ask. Is Lipsey's based out of Louisiana?

Richard Lipsey was the owner of a sporting goods store in Baton Rouge in the 80's and 90's called Steinberg's. After he shut that down he opened up the nation wide distributor Lipsey's wholesale for firearms. This is the largest single owner wholesale firearms distributor in the nation. It's located in Baton Rouge, LA. He just sponsored a Ducks unlimited benefit that raised a bunch for DU.

Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Wait - Lipsey's is in Baton Rouge? Since I live in Louisiana can I just walk in there and fill out a 4473 and buy a gun from them or do they only ship to dealers?

Top Bottom