O-PAP and N-PAP side rail mount option. For those of you who have a Zastava rifle!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    There is a lot of confusion on the mounts for these rifles. Standard AK mounts do not work unless they are modified. Well I have a dragunov, so I test fitted my O-PAP with my SVD PSO-1 last night to test the mount, fits like a glove, locks up tight, with the correct forward stop. Of course, if you want to run an optic with eye relief, you will have to use a different mount that is more forward.

So I went ahead and ordered this mount: http://kalinkaoptics.com/mounts/svd...ofile-centered-side-mount-to-weaver-rail.html

And this red dot: https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-Micro-Dot-with-Removable-Base-p/md-06l.htm

The only thing I worry about is it not being centered with the rifle, but even if it's not, I'm going to sight the red dot in at 50-75 yards and call it a day. Its a 3 MOA dot anyway, so it should be fine.

753E4648-F41A-4C22-BE0F-D8DDAA04B768_zps38mnkn8i.jpg

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for posting. I ordered the lowpro just now. Saw your other post later saying it didnt clear the dust cover. Is there any height adjustment on the mount?

And is the rail removable or welded to mount? Ill probably swap to a short rail if easily screwable.

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    The rail is removable, has two screws. Not sure if you can replace it with something else though. There is no height adjustment on that mount. I did have to go with the higher mount.

It works fine, but I'm thinking about switching to another style mount. RS products probably.

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    well damn. I tried calling but they are only doing emails. Id rather not cancel the order. And the standard height mount looks a little tall. Zastava really did put the svd side mount in a weird spot.

Probably going to use a trijicon reflex sight.

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    well damn. I tried calling but they are only doing emails. Id rather not cancel the order. And the standard height mount looks a little tall. Zastava really did put the svd side mount in a weird spot.

Probably going to use a trijicon reflex sight.

Well I had some money to spend, since you posted on this thread, it got me thinking about my opap. I went ahead and ordered 500rds of ammo and RS products AK-310 rail and AKML red dot mount. I should have them by Wednesday. I will probably keep that other mount for my N-PAP or my Dragunov.

Top Bottom