Octane 45

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Not what the numbers say for sound but tone maybe sounds quiter perhaps. End caps, maybe front but I can change the piston and hence threads on back so a wash to me. Personally I have no need to service it.

To each their own I guess. Not trying to dump in a thread just seeing if I am missing something.

Last edited:

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    with just .45ACP the octane is a 1-2 decibels quieter. It's splitting hairs to a degree.

Once you move to 9mm, the octane with the 9mm endcap ends up being 5-6 decibels quieter with 9mm subs. That is pretty noticeable to the human ear.

If you shoot wet, you can take the octane apart to clean it. you can also use peracetic acid to get the gunk off, then toss it in an ultrasonic. If you choose to use it for .22lr too, this whole process helps get the lead out.

I also think that the osprey looks goofy on a rifle ( outside of a lever gun). It will not fit under a hand guard. So if someone wants the most versatile can, i still say the octane.

If the can is only going to be used for pistols and not 22lr, maybe the looks of the osprey are better, but the octane is still more versatile.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I did not mind the shape of the Osprey actually thought it looked good but then I thought what is my use for the suppressor. Sure for right now it is going on pistol hosts but I can totally see a SBR 9mm or 45 rifle in my future so the Octane's round profile would fit inside a hand guard on the upper. That was the deciding factor in my purchase.

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    I have the octane 45. How often do you guys clean it? I've found the area that the piston locks into (I think its called blast baffle) is a pain in the a$$ to clean. When this area is dirty, it is tough to change the piston..ie removing, installing and getting the notches lined up at the bottom. Best cleaner I've found for the baffles is Simple green...was recommended by SiCo. However, its still hard the get that one area clean.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I have the octane 45. How often do you guys clean it? I've found the area that the piston locks into (I think its called blast baffle) is a pain in the a$$ to clean. When this area is dirty, it is tough to change the piston..ie removing, installing and getting the notches lined up at the bottom. Best cleaner I've found for the baffles is Simple green...was recommended by SiCo. However, its still hard the get that one area clean.

I use a rotary tool with a cheapo wire brush on it and some clp.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I use a rotary tool with a cheapo wire brush on it and some clp.

This.

My gunsmith uses a tub of simple green to clean many filthy gun parts. Also uses a ultrasonic cleaner. Works like a charm.

Im going to try some Colonel Brassy on my Octane baffles next. That stuff turns pennies that are black into copper again.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom