Officer accused of treason by Wal-Mart shoppers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    We're not seeing the whole story. Based on the two fine folks involved, I'm gonna venture a guess and say "Good job officer!"

ETA: After taking another in-depth look at the video, luckily this incident did not occur in vain as there are quite a few things I've learned:

1. This is America
    2. Tazing a belligerent moron is assault and...
    3. You'll be veeeeerrrry sorry if you do because...
    4. You're gonna get personally sued
    5. This is America
    6. This is America

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Why the fu@k did he wait so long? That dude woulda got zapped as soon as his hand was on me, if not before he succeeded in doing even that. I'm guessing that as new as the tasers are to that department, he was a little unsure about using it.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Why the fu@k did he wait so long? That dude woulda got zapped as soon as his hand was on me, if not before he succeeded in doing even that. I'm guessing that as new as the tasers are to that department, he was a little unsure about using it.

I guessing he knew that when he zapped the dude, then woman would start hitting him.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I guess if you **** off a bull and then get the horns, its the bulls fault.

No. I expect police officers to have more brains and the capacity to exercise proper judgement.

I have not watched the video yet, but from what I glean from the posts, the officer should have let it alone. If I tell an officer I don't like him, he should not react if he is on duty. If he is off duty, he can retort.

I have more respect for LEO than to assume they are dumb as a bull.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I admit the two people were idiots and I did enjoy seeing one of them tased and the other tackled. However, the entire situation could have been completely avoided if the officer would have just ignored them instead of feeling the need to arrest them for their loud opinion of police.

Did you read the news article that was printed about this? This was the second encounter with these two people by the same officer. The first incident was at a restaurant where the man pointed out the officers and began to harass them. The Walmart episode was the second incident. It's not as if they were mouthing off to the cop and moving on, they were harassing the officer and causing a public disturbance.

This is what's wrong with our society now. Citizens do small things and get away with it or know how to play certain cards and get away with their actions, they start minor and continue to grow like a festering wound untreated. Nip the problem when it starts and it doesn't get carried away.

I can personally attest that walking away from harassment doesn't disarm a situation. Case in point I was doing parking detail at a football game in High School. At some point two classmates walk up and begin to harass and start pushing me. I turn around and walk away. I "ignore" the harassment. Before I got to far away I was pushed into a vehicle and as soon as I turned around I was hit by one of them (cast on his arm) and had my nose broken. So much for "walking away from a fight". If I would have stood my ground I may have still gotten into a fight, but I wouldn't have been sucker punched.

Last edited:

Safari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2007
    They found out they were not in Arizona anymore. Why would you tell a LEO anything but hello when he is on duty and give him respect.

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    Ha! I used to work at that same Wal-Mart! My wife had just retired from the Navy and I was still in. I had to take a second job to make ends meet until she found another job. In that store you had wealthy people from Gulf Shores and the pwt. I wonder who they were?

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Now that I got to watch the video... it appears he refused to follow instructions of the officer and she was obstructing the arrest....

I'm not sure there was any wrong doing by the officer.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is what's wrong with our society now. GOVERNMENT AGENTS do small things and get away with it or know how to play certain cards and get away with their actions, they start minor and continue to grow like a festering wound untreated. Nip the problem when it starts and it doesn't get carried away...

There; fixed it for you. This is the bigger problem despite moronic citizens who do very limited damage compared to the stroke of a pen. If you think I lie look at the past SIX administrations...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Awwwwwwww....wonder if thats what the guy looked like after the Taze me bro ??

If he looks like that normaly bet he gets asked for ID often...dam, that s got freak stamped all over it. I'd look for his free puppy van somewhere close by

Top Bottom