Officer checking IDs of household residents

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Maybe a LEO on here could chime in and give us some potential reasoning behind what that officer did? I'd imagine he/she would have a better guess/understanding than alot of us......

While I cannot say what the LEO was doing for sure, but I will say that she is just assuming that the LEO was running her CCH or whatever. He could have received a welfare check call and taken said ID to the vehicle to match the name, DOB etc.... With a listing on the call to verify identification of the person he was called to check on. There is not near enough informational tell for sure what really was going on. One side can say that he was just looking to screw her over, and the other will say that he was just checking on her. Everyone will have their own opinion. No one on here will know for sure though.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Someone on facebook (admittedly not the most reliable source) just posted that a local officer came to her door, asked for her ID, and told her he wanted to make sure she was OK.

That doesn't seem normal to me... what do y'all think?

IF by your own account she isn't reliable, how is it possible to discern anything from her story?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Did this last night by sheer coincidence.

Welfare check on a family member in poor health. Lady calls in tears and says she hasn't heard from her mother in weeks and that mother has history of attempted suicide. Mother has a female roommate and a female "life partner".

Now, am I supposed to report "Yes, I spoke to Mrs. Smith, you'll be glad to hear that she is fine.", or should I say " I knocked on the door and some lady answered. I guess everything is alright?"

The posts above range from brilliant to boldy stupid. If you think I'm talking about you, I am.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Welfare check on a family member in poor health. Lady calls in tears and says she hasn't heard from her mother in weeks and that mother has history of attempted suicide. Mother has a female roommate and a female "life partner".

Now, am I supposed to report "Yes, I spoke to Mrs. Smith, you'll be glad to hear that she is fine.", or should I say " I knocked on the door and some lady answered. I guess everything is alright?"

The posts above range from brilliant to boldy stupid. If you think I'm talking about you, I am.

Well, thank you.

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA

I love this post.

On another note, how dare you bring common sense and logic into an internet forum! Treason i say! Trrreeeaaasssoooonnn!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

"Oh yes- she's fine...she's in her room watching TV in her favorite chair...."

tumblr_n458n51qg51rp0vkjo1_500.gif

:doh:

:dogkeke:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom