One misspelled word . . . .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    One misspelled word makes a BIG difference...

A school teacher once a month has a sticker day. She gives each child a sticker
    and asks them to write a story about it. On this day she gave a little boy, a sticker with a horse on it, his story is attached. He misspelled the word which
    changed the context of the story completely!

If you have kids or are a teacher, this will bring back memories.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ta cabron.

I like!

Pablo, I don't know why, but when I first read this "essay", I thought of you. Hmmmm....... I don't know. Maybe I can see you being so proud of your son for writing about hores, or... or maybe I can see you riding a hores..... ah, who knows. :):mamoru:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    D_oh.jpg

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I remember being 16 at an all-boy Catholic high school, and taking a Spanish class from a guy who also served as the school disciplinarian. He was a really cool customer who never said anything funny, and us boys were scared of him. He asked me, "Quantos años tienes tu?" (How old are you?), and I was supposed to respond. I responded in my provincial white-bread way, "Tengo dieciséis anos."

I was rather proud of myself until Mr. Freidricks turned around to face away from me and toward the rest of the class saying, "This is as good a chance as any to point out the importance of using the proper accent when speaking in a foreign language. Mr. Hanemann just told us that he has sixteen assholes."

I never get tired of telling that one.

:)

Last edited:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Back when I was heavily involved with the Sociedad Largo we had printed up some shirts for the members that was supposed to be Spanish for "Long live the largo! May the Largo live long!" When I 1st got my shirt, we went to Chili Verde, our favorite Mexican place to eat where the staff is ALL of Spanish descent and can just speak almost enough English to take your order. When we walked in, all the guys were reading my shirt and giving me "the nod"... We weren't sure what to make of it and asked our young waitress to translate my shirt for us. She turned beet read and stammered "well... it sorta of translates to 'it is better the man BE long (makes motions with hand near her crotch) than the woman live long!'" !!!! We about died! All the men were laughing and pointing and the poor girl looked like she wanted to crawl into a hole from embarrassment!

I still have 1 or 2 of those shirts in storage somewhere. I need to take one out and make some pictures of it.

Top Bottom