online gun auctions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfpak382

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Monroe,LA
    I was just browsing the internet when i came across a website that does all kind of different auctions. I was looking through some of the stuff up for auction (artwork,coins,watches,etc) when i came across several guns on there they where auctioning off. I was thinking about bidding on a couple of them but wasn't sure if it was legal to do so without a license. Is it legal to buy guns from an online auction website?:confused:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Yes it is legal. You bid on the item, you win the auction. You pay the seller. The seller ships the item to your favorite local FFL dealer(unless you yourself have a liscense). You go to your dealer, he runs it through his books, fill out appropriate paper work and take home your prize, after paying a small fee of course.

wolfpak382

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Monroe,LA
    What would lead you to believe it would be illegal?

the auction house never asked for a ffl to bid on the gun nor did they ask where it would be shipped. I was just curious because i don't have a ffl and don't know anyone with a ffl and wanted to bid on the gun but figured if i won the bid i probably wouldn't be able to have it shipped and be out the money too.

Top Bottom