Open carry Baton Rouge CITY limits?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Must be nice to be young and able to do that. I remember those days fondly. These days I'd be lucky if I could burn her 3 times in a week. I'd probably catch a leg cramp halfway through the first burn, have my herniated disk in my back go out during the second burn and by the third burn she may end up riding a limp broom. Then I'd just want to sleep the rest of the time. Oh to be young again. That reminds me, I have to take my high blood pressure medicine, my acid reflux pill and my multi vitimin then eat my oatmeal before my nap time gets here. See ya later.

Hey! There's no call to get all honest when it comes to this subject!

:D

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Must be nice to be young and able to do that. I remember those days fondly. These days I'd be lucky if I could burn her 3 times in a week. I'd probably catch a leg cramp halfway through the first burn, have my herniated disk in my back go out during the second burn and by the third burn she may end up riding a limp broom. Then I'd just want to sleep the rest of the time. Oh to be young again. That reminds me, I have to take my high blood pressure medicine, my acid reflux pill and my multi vitimin then eat my oatmeal before my nap time gets here. See ya later.

Hey, I never said I wouldn't be in the ICU for the two weeks after, ;) :D.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

LOL....that's funny right there :rofl:

Duck Jenkins

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    NO/LA Area
    Go OC in a Brec Park then, call BRPD when you do it, call the media and your lawyer, we'll see years down the road what happens. The ordinances themselves have been challenged, and have stood up to judicial muster.

Yale, Louisiana Carry, could you please explain what I am trying to say to this to this guy. You can cite specific laws and clauses I'm refering to I'm sure.

1. slow your role there guy, I never said the law is unconstitutional or constitutional.
    2. I have no plans on violating a law.
    3. You say "go OC in a brec park." so are you now saying you can CC? I thought you said both were against the law.
    4. I just simply pointed out that your logic was lame and asked you to site just one case where this law you quote has been tested in a court of higher authority, just one. THE AMOUNT OF TIME A LAW has been on the books is in NO WAY proportional to it's constitutionality. :rolleyes:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    1. slow your role there guy, I never said the law is unconstitutional or constitutional.
    3. You say "go OC in a brec park." so are you now saying you can CC? I thought you said both were against the law.
    4. I just simply pointed out that your logic was lame and asked you to site just one case where this law you quote has been tested in a court of higher authority, just one. THE AMOUNT OF TIME A LAW has been on the books is in NO WAY proportional to it's constitutionality. :rolleyes:

Akajun says........
    RE # 4

NO but there is a clause in the latest version of the LA constitution that says that no local government may pass laws resricting the right to keep and bear arms, unless that law was already on the books before this latest constitution which was passed in the 70's. Baton Rouges's Brec Park Ordinance passes constitutional muster because its been on the books since the 50's or earlier which is what I was refering to and most OC'rs on this board understand. Even the great MEM knows this and while he has complained about it, has not had one of his "Freedumb marches/rides" cause he knows he'll loose it in court. SO time on the books in this case is a good measuring stick.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

Since the OP was about OC I would say Akajun said OC because that was the topic. (Not speaking for him)
    So go CC at BREC if you want and still go to jail. It's no weapons period at the BREC parks. Down road from my house it's on the sign at the entrance.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Akajun says........
    RE # 4

NO but there is a clause in the latest version of the LA constitution that says that no local government may pass laws resricting the right to keep and bear arms, unless that law was already on the books before this latest constitution which was passed in the 70's. Baton Rouges's Brec Park Ordinance passes constitutional muster because its been on the books since the 50's or earlier which is what I was refering to and most OC'rs on this board understand. Even the great MEM knows this and while he has complained about it, has not had one of his "Freedumb marches/rides" cause he knows he'll loose it in court. SO time on the books in this case is a good measuring stick.

Since the OP was about OC I would say Akajun said OC because that was the topic. (Not speaking for him)
    So go CC at BREC if you want and still go to jail. It's no weapons period at the BREC parks. Down road from my house it's on the sign at the entrance.

Correct Yardawg, that is the clause I was looking for, I cant remember the exact date.

Doesnt matter, oc, cc, pp, there all illegal in a brec park.

Duck Jenkins

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    NO/LA Area
    Can any of you read?

"Originally Posted by Duck Jenkins
    4. I just simply pointed out that your logic was lame and asked you to site just one case where this law you quote has been tested in a court of higher authority, just one. THE AMOUNT OF TIME A LAW has been on the books is in NO WAY proportional to it's constitutionality. "

Cite one case where this issue has been tested in a State Court Until then, that reasoning is LAME.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Why don't the local "ordinace makers" just post signs that read "YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTECT YOUSELF HERE SIMPLY BECAUSE WE SAY SO."
    That's what they're really saying, right? And that, my children, is also part of the reason that 90% of the BREC parks are unsafe. When the law is set up to penalize the law-abiding, the thugs rule the day- and in this case, the parks.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna

picture.php

If it had only been a crossdraw, then the BG's would have known he was a badass that meant business!:rofl:

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Can any of you read?

"Originally Posted by Duck Jenkins
    4. I just simply pointed out that your logic was lame and asked you to site just one case where this law you quote has been tested in a court of higher authority, just one. THE AMOUNT OF TIME A LAW has been on the books is in NO WAY proportional to it's constitutionality. "

Cite one case where this issue has been tested in a State Court Until then, that reasoning is LAME.

Yes I can read just fine. Right now I can read that you have no clue and are an ass.

This has been discussed here many times. Local firearms laws regarding the carrying of weapons passed before the last Revision of the LA constitution are deemed legal in LA. You have not just me, but other members telling you the the same thing newb.

No you can not possess a firearm in a Brec Park be it OC (this was what the original post was about) or CC. You want citations, You do the research, I know I am right and have better things to do.

You think I'm wrong?? Again, Put up or shut up.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    "So it really is a very unusual situation, very unique," Clark said.

Is it that unusual?

Or are the "victims" too ashamed of being made to look stupid to come forward?

The victim didn't want to go on camera but said he carried the gun because he had been jumped and held up at knife point in the past. He believes, in his case, open carry made him a target and he will no longer do it.

Must have been a target with **** POOR situational awareness!!!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

Here's another one.

Fairfax County Police Department

Public Information Office
    4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030

703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253

FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov

www.fairfaxcounty.gov

News Release: 06/211/0388/RJP/(1)

July 31, 2006

Man robbed in the Centreville area

About 4:10 a.m. Sunday, July 30, officers were called to the area of Newton Patent Drive and Newton Tavern Drive. A 21-year-old Centreville-area man was robbed while walking on Newton Patent Drive. Two suspects approached the victim from behind, and placed a metal object up to the victim’s head. The suspects took the victim’s hand gun which he was openly carrying. The suspect’s then fled the area. The victim was not injured.

The suspects were described as black males wearing dark clothing.

Anyone with information about this incident or these suspects is asked to call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477) or the police non-emergency number at 703-691-2131.

###

To request this information in an alternate format, call the Public Information Office at 703.246.2253. TTY 703-204-2264.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Here's another one.

4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030

703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253

FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov

www.fairfaxcounty.gov

News Release: 06/211/0388/RJP/(1)

July 31, 2006

Man robbed in the Centreville area

About 4:10 a.m. Sunday, July 30, officers were called to the area of Newton Patent Drive and Newton Tavern Drive. A 21-year-old Centreville-area man was robbed while walking on Newton Patent Drive. Two suspects approached the victim from behind, and placed a metal object up to the victim’s head. The suspects took the victim’s hand gun which he was openly carrying. The suspect’s then fled the area. The victim was not injured.

The suspects were described as black males wearing dark clothing.

Anyone with information about this incident or these suspects is asked to call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477) or the police non-emergency number at 703-691-2131.

###

To request this information in an alternate format, call the Public Information Office at 703.246.2253. TTY 703-204-2264.

Turns out that the Fairfax report was a false one - the guy hid his gun and reported it stolen. Here's the reply from Fairfax County PD:
    Generally speaking we do not release police incident reports, therefore you will not find an archive on our web site. I was able to locate the case you refer to. A supplement written on July 30, 2006 indicates that the original "victim" who reported the crime was charged with filing a false police report. His name is Xxxxx Xxxxxxx Xxx, 23 of XXXX Xxxxxxx Xxxxx Xxx in Centreville (at the time the supplement was written). I do not know the disposition of the court case, you would need to contact the court for that information. Their contact number is 703-246-2221.

Don Xxxxxxxxx
    Web Content Manager
    4100 Chain Bridge Road
    Fairfax, Virginia 22030
    Direct Line: (703) 246-2253
    Office Fax: (703) 246-4253

The Michigan case may have happened as reported, but some are wondering if it might have been a stunt to promote passage of CC in WI (currently not allowed).

Top Bottom