Open Carry experience at BJ Pawn

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    That is the worst idea in the history of Louisiana. It ought to be like the proposal before the Vermont Legislature. Every able bodied man and woman will be required to own a handgun and carry it 24/7 OWB when outside the home. Well, maybe the proposed law isn't quite that stringent, but you get the picture. Such a law would severely contraindicate mass shootings by the deranged. Might not eliminate them, but you get the picture.

:rofl:
    Can you imagine trying to tell soccer moms they had to carry a gun.. That would be too funny. I know some folks that are terrifed just at the thought of a gun being near them.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Oh I'm soory I should explain further the Right or Happy decision I make upon awakening.
    On the rare occasions I am able to be happy and right thats when I experience an ORGANISM
    Hope that helps! :D

Well, uh, Okay.

Good luck with those right & happy organisms. May they be plentiful (I guess)....

:confused::rofl:

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    It's the attitude that makes the difference.

I've had people OC and CC in my place of business over the years.

The only one that I had a problem with came in with a chip on his shoulder so large that it was almost visible! His pompus attitude was only outdone by his inflated ego.

I let him stay and vowed to not allow him to carry on my property again.

He returned many times but was not OCing. I let it go. Maybe he was
    just having a bad day.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Oh I'm sorry I should explain further the Right or Happy decision I make upon awakening.

On the rare occasions I am able to be happy and right thats when I experience an ORGANISM
    Hope that helps! :D

The dictionary is your friend!

Especially for these "made for tag line" moments!

:mamoru:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    This looks like a good time to add this to the discussion:

http://www.examiner.com/x-5619-Atla...8-Open-carry-deters-armed-robbery-in-Kennesaw

Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw

Two customers displaying holstered pistols deterred an armed robbery in a Kennesaw Wafflehouse recently.

There is some debate raging in Georgia about whether people should conceal their holstered handguns while in public. Some believe that wearing handguns openly will result in a loss of the element of surprise during a criminal attack, such as an armed robbery, while others believe that wearing handguns openly deters criminal attack. For Matt Brannan and J.P. Mitchell, who carry openly as a routine, the issue is no longer academic.

Matt Brannan and J.P. Mitchell were dining in the Wafflehouse on Barrett Parkway at I-575 in Kennesaw at 4:45 in the morning recently when a scout for an armed robbery crew entered the restaurant to case it. At the time, Matt and J.P. thought he looked a little suspicious, as he was wandering around the small restaurant like he was looking for someone. Unknown to Matt and J.P., two cars full of armed robbers where parked behind the restaurant waiting for the scout's report.

The scout saw that two of the customers were wearing holstered 1911 Springfield Mil-Spec .45 pistols, and he immediately turned and left the store.

Meanwhile, conscientious Cobb County Police Officer D. Lowe had noticed suspicious cars sitting behind the restaurant in the dark and decided to investigate. He caught men with masks and rifles who had been preparing to rob the Wafflehouse. The criminals informed the police that they had changed their mind upon discovering armed customers and were waiting for Matt and J.P. to leave. Ironically, the police car was pulling in to the parking lot just as Matt and J.P. were driving away. In other words, had Matt and J.P. not been armed, the robbery probably would have occurred before the police intervened.

Captain Jerry Quan, the Commander for Precinct One, where the Wafflehouse is located, confirmed Matt Brannan's story as one in which the open display of a pistol deterred a well armed robbery crew.

Matt Brannan is making an Open Records Act request, and there will be an update to this story when more information is available. The case number is 09-133500. There will be updates and follow up articles as more information becomes available.

BayouDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Terrebonne Parish
    :rofl:
    Can you imagine trying to tell soccer moms they had to carry a gun.. That would be too funny. I know some folks that are terrifed just at the thought of a gun being near them.

My wife if like this for some reason. She doesn't care if I have a concealed handgun permit but doesn't want me to carry a gun around her or the children:doh:

eman2k5

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Covington, LA
    No, for several reasons. The one major flaw of freedom (aside from natural morons who should have been drowned at birth, would not have survived past puberty in an earlier age, but flourish in today's "safer" society) is the law-abiders have to take some heat for the lawless and the mentally arthritic.

Most people who OC do so with no intention of causing any trouble, and just wish to exercise their constitutional right. A few others are nothing more than attention whores who have an inner need to be a ****head, confrontational, etc. These are the ones who pose a danger to us all. This is what Dan was alluding to.

I still think it is, in general, not a smart thing to do; especially when it isn't much of a stretch to obtain a concealed carry permit. The guys who cannot get a permit because of age or residency requirements, I understand your frustration. Those who cannot because of a criminal background, well... you know what they say in the Russian marines.

Those who refuse to get a permit because it is a statist plot (or whatever the current buzzword is this week), well, those guys amuse me. Going by that logic, a driver's license is a statist plot too... but they have one of those. A Social Security number is an evil instrument of the state; but they have one of those too.

If you feel that strongly about the "statist influence", then dump everything and live off the grid; if you dare. But that would be difficult, and uncomfortable.:rolleyes:

Anyway.... "ban" is a bad word to me. It connotates restriction without legislative due process. As someone else mentioned, once you start eroding things, the slope becomes steep and slippery.

Im with you buddy, during my job I have seen OC sometimes in the parish. Oh well, they were carrying and not doing the "look at me, I have a gun thing".

eman2k5

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Covington, LA
    Today I figured I would try open carrying since im not old enough to CC. What made today so special that you had to do this ? Please dont say the holster just came in the mail.

I put on my XD9 and my Hume owb holster and went to town.
    I had to drop my moms computer off at computer heaven in br, no one said anything and only a few customers looked at me weird but i am kinda ugly so thats understood.

Then i went to Pelican Pawn real quick to look for some ammo but they didnt have it, no one saw me.
    What do you mean no one had seen you ? Are you trying to cause a scene ?

So i go to BJ pawn and get the old guy to get me some .243 ammo and he sees my pistol as i walk back across the store then the crap starts.

He told me "I am too young to carry a pistol and I could get in serious trouble if someone feels threatened by me and the cops could take my gun."

All this across the store with everyone in there looking at me.

I tell him its 18 to have a pistol and its legal to open carry and i've never heard of what he is talking about.

So i just say thanks, pay, and leave.

Around 4 months ago i was going to buy a AR15 and he said it was illegal for me to buy a gun with a pistol grip and telescoping stock.

Im tired of the miss information they give me there, if there wasn't internet i would be ignorant of the truth about everything they told me.

I can't concealedcarry so what am i supposed to do? :(
    I smile and say hey to everyone that makes eye contact. I look like your average person wearing jeans and work boots. I've been in bad situations before with people trying to shoot at me [/B
    WTF do you do ? Try to trust your gut, when something doesnt feel right dont do it. Why are you in the situations in the first place ?

]so i know kinda how it feels. I'm prepared to protect myself.
    The way he said it was different than how you put it. He was acting like i could get my gun taken and arrested just for open carrying being 20. I've never open carried anywhere other than the truck stop down the road before, i figured he would be open to it since it is a gun store.

I got my Spikes Ar sent to jims and they didn't say anything about 21 so I figured he was wrong to tell me that.

LouisianaRebel

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    yonder
    I wanted to do it, just never had the balls to... I was in BR and didn't feel safe so i figured i would carry and the only way i can do that is Open Carry... I'm not trying to cause a scene its just that no one saw my gun so no bad or good reaction. I didn't put myself in that situation, the people showed up at the house i was at and had guns, no one knew they were coming or anything.

Why can't I just CC and not have these friken problems. :mad:
    I give up on OC... guess I will just be a sheeple.

eman2k5

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Covington, LA
    I wanted to do it, just never had the balls to... I was in BR and didn't feel safe so i figured i would carry and the only way i can do that is Open Carry... I'm not trying to cause a scene its just that no one saw my gun so no bad or good reaction. I didn't put myself in that situation, the people showed up at the house i was at and had guns, no one knew they were coming or anything.

Look, you are real close to getting a CC permit. Dont screw yourself in life, be very careful if you OC. Something could happen one day and the Sh*t would go south.......might go so far south that you could catch a felony charge and lose your right to firearms. Im not saying it will happen, it just could. Be patient, I was in your shoes long ago when I was in Michgan. I gave a long thought about it and said, I will wait until im 21.
    By the age of 21, I was hired and became a Deputy Sheriff. I thanked myself for not breaking the law when I was young, becuase I would have never been able to become a cop. Just keep it in the car, know your quickest way to your car.......and remember if you OC you might cause a scene which would trigger some units to meet you with weapons drawn on you.

sucks man, you'll hit the age before you know it. just keep it in your truck i guess.

I agree 100%, just know the fastest way to his truck.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I am just thankful that I live in a place where state law allows a law-abiding citizen to have this as an option if he so chooses.
    It's not about showboating, as a small minority choose to do; it is about freedom. I am a big fan of freedom- especially when it comes to guns.

I think we can all agree on that.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I am just thankful that I live in a place where state law allows a law-abiding citizen to have this as an option if he so chooses.
    It's not about showboating, as a small minority choose to do; it is about freedom. I am a big fan of freedom- especially when it comes to guns.

I think we can all agree on that.

+1

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

LouisianaRebel??????:o

:p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom