Open Carry Law- Louisiana- Please tell me why

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Absolutely. To date, it has been amended 17 times. Among those: limiting pay for congress, enabling women to vote, abolishing slavery, prohibiting alchohol, reversing the prohibition of alchohol, etc.

In 1776 to cast a vote you had to be: a male, a land owner, a firearm owner, etc. The logic was that if you don't have "land" you have no stake in "laws of the land". If you don't have a firearm, you are not a functional part of the militia. And women couldn't vote because there were no polling stations in kitchens. you know, or whatever it was.

roger that.

I need to think more about this.

I'm not sure something can be considered a true Right, and yet be subject to change based on what Congress thinks or the Majority of voters thinks.

I need to wrap my head around this. For instance, can I have the Inalienable Right to Life, yet not the Inalienable Right to gun ownership. Seems like they should go hand in hand.

Thank you very much for the polite and informative discussion.

Last edited:

lakobe1

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    North Louisiana
    I do appreciate all the replies and views to my topic here. Trust me they are highly thought of and Ive considered each and every one. My whole point to this topic was simply this. I respect and uphold the 2nd Amendment rights. It is our rights to bare arms. In this situation I admit I was a bit judgmental to a degree. This guy came rushing into the restaurant and being I was sitting there with my young Daughter I thought about the few idiots that came into these schools and massacred innocent lives. I also was kicking my own butt for not having my concealing weapon on me at that split second. I guess the last point I am trying to make is I think being cautious is not the same as being judgmental. I admit I was somewhere s in between the two at the time. To me its a privilege to be able to have laws. In that same thought it makes us 'Accountable For Our Actions'. Accountability.... Sure we are accountable for our own individual actions and trust in them. Point is at that moment your trusting that the person standing next to you whether with that open or concealed carry firearm has enough common sense to make the right choices.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Point is at that moment your trusting that the person standing next to you whether with that open or concealed carry firearm has enough common sense to make the right choices.

Sounds like you are describing what it is like to live in freedom.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Sounds like you are describing what it is like to live in freedom.

American-flag-shot-glasses-BS-2.jpg

I'll have a shot of freedom! and keep 'em coming!

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    I do appreciate all the replies and views to my topic here. Trust me they are highly thought of and Ive considered each and every one. My whole point to this topic was simply this. I respect and uphold the 2nd Amendment rights. It is our rights to bare arms. In this situation I admit I was a bit judgmental to a degree. This guy came rushing into the restaurant and being I was sitting there with my young Daughter I thought about the few idiots that came into these schools and massacred innocent lives. I also was kicking my own butt for not having my concealing weapon on me at that split second. I guess the last point I am trying to make is I think being cautious is not the same as being judgmental. I admit I was somewhere s in between the two at the time. To me its a privilege to be able to have laws. In that same thought it makes us 'Accountable For Our Actions'. Accountability.... Sure we are accountable for our own individual actions and trust in them. Point is at that moment your trusting that the person standing next to you whether with that open or concealed carry firearm has enough common sense to make the right choices.

skeptical-dog.jpg

Why do you have a carry permit if you dont carry?

Too much blue state male vaginaisms in the quoted response.

Im smelling a Bloomturd Plant.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Point is at that moment your trusting that the person standing next to you whether with that open or concealed carry firearm has enough common sense to make the right choices.

No, you're trusting in free will. I don't care what the media or the internet tell you- most people are good people.

imo, regarding the totality of your review- the most important thing you should take away from that situation is that if that guy HAD started shooting, you'd have a perfectly good permit and no way to protect yourself or your daughter.

Don't be a fair weather permit holder. Cheers friend, stay safe.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Guess what Im trying to say is everyones ok with the fact that according to law that any crack head thats not a convicted felon can brandish a weapon on his hip and walk into a place and everybodys ok with that?

For the record, I am not OK with that. Its the law, its your right, but that doesn't make it right. You scare the Sheep, and draw a lot of attention to yourself. IMO people who do that aren't carrying to protect themselves. They are making a fashion statement, and more than likely looking to start trouble or just stir up sh.t.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The only problem with your opinion is that there have not been any incidents caused by OC in this state.
    Does anyone know of any incidents in this state by lawful OC?

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Accountability.... Sure we are accountable for our own individual actions and trust in them. Point is at that moment your trusting that the person standing next to you whether with that open or concealed carry firearm has enough common sense to make the right choices.

I'm confused, what action was this guy taking and what choice was he making? It sounds like he entered a restaurant with a holstered gun. I don't have to trust that someone standing there with a holstered gun won't so something because he is not doing anything. Do you think he is constantly making choices weather to shoot something or not because he has a gun in a holster on his belt? I carry a gun everywhere but I am never having to make a choice about what I do with the gun. People carry mace on their key chains, but I don't feel like I have to trust that they won't pull it out and spray me in the face because I looked at them, and I like to think they are not looking at me deciding if they should mace me in the face every second of the day.

FWIW, I highly doubt anyone intent on walking into a place and causing violence with a gun would walk in with it openly holstered on their hip, it would be in their hand or you would not see it yet.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Those who "go postal" also never carry a gun until it is time to carry out the shooting that was planned. There is no such a thing as an OC person just going off and attempting a mass shooting with one mag of ammo.

lakobe1

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    North Louisiana
    I'm confused, what action was this guy taking and what choice was he making? It sounds like he entered a restaurant with a holstered gun. I don't have to trust that someone standing there with a holstered gun won't so something because he is not doing anything. Do you think he is constantly making choices weather to shoot something or not because he has a gun in a holster on his belt? I carry a gun everywhere but I am never having to make a choice about what I do with the gun. People carry mace on their key chains, but I don't feel like I have to trust that they won't pull it out and spray me in the face because I looked at them, and I like to think they are not looking at me deciding if they should mace me in the face every second of the day.

FWIW, I highly doubt anyone intent on walking into a place and causing violence with a gun would walk in with it openly holstered on their hip, it would be in their hand or you would not see it yet.

It wasnt the point that the guy came in with a Holstered weapon. Its how he came in. Came in more less running and push slammed the door open, which that in itself caught every ones attention. It's one of those things you would have had to been there.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    It wasnt the point that the guy came in with a Holstered weapon. Its how he came in. Came in more less running and push slammed the door open, which that in itself caught every ones attention. It's one of those things you would have had to been there.

Why do you assume he was a crackhead

Top Bottom