Open Carry question to Shreveport PD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I thought the Shoneys in Gonzales was reopened after the fire and still going strong. ??? am I wrong? Have they recently closed the Gonzales Shoneys?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I must admit, it's been a while since I actually drove past it, so I really don't if it is or not. It was closed tha lst time I was there. Months ago!

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    We had a small Brunch LOCAL meetup at the Slidell IHOP this morning about 10am and then went to the Slidell Gun Show. I just got home. Had a great time.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Hats off to LOCAL...thats a lot of work and I think with a good purpose.

While I'm not much on OC for the about town stuff, I would like to have the option w/o being water boarded by the locals

Appreciate the work

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Thanks Yrdawg for the comments. Something else we recently did is email CHP instructors across the State. we introduced our organization and offered free informational pamphlets for the CHP students as handouts at classes. Several CHP instructors replied. At our July meeting Wednesday night we put the packets together to mail out.
    CHPmailerjulymeeting2.jpg

LOCAL is spreading the word.

Last edited:

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    It was the mayor of Shreveport, Cedric Glover, who said that during a traffic stop, your rights have been suspended. He told that to Robert Balio, a pilot friend of mine, so I talked with the mayor, and he said the same thing to me. I broke that story by putting Robert on the radio show.

Glover is on Bloomberg's list of Mayors Who Hate Legal Gun Owners.

I don't know about the police chief. The sheriff, Steve Prator, puts on gun safety classes for kids.

yamaha0343

Glock > XD
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    That and the new one in Baker too. Actually I'm open to any suggestions from those here at Bayou Shooter. What agencies do you notice missing from our lists? Is there someone in a particular agency who would benefit from receiving one of our mailings? How would you spread the word? Morning Radio talk show hosts? Heads of Chambers of Commerce?

Also, I want to thank everyone on the Bayou Shooter forum for thier help and support now and in the past. While many here do not agree with Open Carry, and it can be a hot button issue for many, nearly all of the discussions on the subject tend to be civil and informative. I hope to set a good example and keep promoting LOCAL as a group that all can turn to as role models of responsible gun owners exercising a valuable right.

Houma PD Chief has changed from Pat Boudreaux to Todd Duplantis.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom