Optics Planet strikes again :(

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rabbit

Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    I should have learned last time.....

I placed an order from Optics planet and all looked good (all three items said they were in stock). Placed my order, confirmed address blah blah order placed with in a min I get notification from bank that I was billed :D

Next day I get an email telling me that one of the items I ordered is now on back order and it will be in stock in 5-10 days!! :mad: In the email it says that I will not be billed until the item comes in and is shipped to me.... now I wait and see if I get billed a second time....

Had similar situation a few years back when I ordered a holster, I paid extra for next day shipping (so I could take it on a vacation with me) and it showed up a week later...

Has this been yalls experience with Optics planet? Their prices are good, wide selection, I just wish customer service was better.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Patience, grasshopper. I've bought from Optics Planet several times and have always received good service and decent shipping times.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Several dozen orders here. Not a single issue.

One item was back-ordered in one of those orderes. I got it later. So be it. So it goes.

They also have full-on, English speaking customer service. Call them if you are concerned.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The one time I ordered from them it was an in stock item that took four weeks to arrive. Will never order from again. My pet peeve is "In Stock" items that are really drop shipped from a supplier. I really really like buying from Amazon Prime because I know 100% it is going to arrive on time. I have ordered hundreds of products through Amazon Prime and have never had one get delayed or had any excuses.

Xenon

Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Usually use amazon or NatchezSS too. However, I've ordered several things from their sister site DVOR (which is member only) and have never had an issue. I think DVOR is a site to sell Optic products on the side at a discount. It's a deal of the day kind of site though

Rabbit

Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    I only needed the single point sling adapter for ar and the tool to put it on (and of course look at lights)
    I tried to buy local but got told 'we don't carry that' at two of the 'gun stores' and found one at academy but for the price I got the tool and the adapter online....

Oh well, I hope that it comes in sooner rather than later.

Rabbit

Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    Several dozen orders here. Not a single issue.

One item was back-ordered in one of those orderes. I got it later. So be it. So it goes.

They also have full-on, English speaking customer service. Call them if you are concerned.

Looks like this is what they are doing. Got an email saying that the back ordered tool was not shipped but the rest of the order is on the way. So I should have the single point attachment in hand next week and be able to install it next month :x:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Bought some hard to find HD Leica's from them. No problem other than how much money left my PayPal account for them! :mamoru:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    How can you like Amazon if you don't like drop-shipping??? Most of their **** IS drop-shipped. My wife and I both recently ordered from Amazon (different things), and all items took more than two weeks to arrive. One of her packages had customs stickers all over it; came direct from China.

Because you are not ordering Amazon "Prime" items. You bought an item that was sold by a third party. Anyone can sell on Amazon just like on eBay. If you are not a Prime member you can figure out the items that are sold directly by Amazon by looking for "Free with Super Saver Shipping" or "Ships and Sold by Amazon". Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ruggedized-Mi...sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329491631&sr=8-1-spell

Items that are shipped and sold by Amazon are shipped from one of their big warehouses and can be had next day for $3.99 no matter the size of the product.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Have ordered both optics, 2 telescopes and 2 holsters from them with no issues...sorry to hear about your problem though.

cperron

Feb 23, 2010
    I ordered an Aimpoint Pro from them last week. I looked at several different websites that were in the same price range and no one had it in stock other than Optics Planet. There is a local shop that has them in the same proce range (Lafayette Shooters) but I would rather not buy from them unless I cannot find it elsewhere. I am offshore and I wanted it to be in when I got home this week. I get an email from Optics Planet the next day showing that it wasn't in stock! I called and talked to customer service and asked why I wasn't informed when ordering it and that it was not mentioned on the website and customer service told me that the website does not show if it is in stock or not... You have to call. That's B.S. I have ordered from them once before without issue but I don't think I will buy from them again. If an item isn't in stock it should be clearly labeled on the page, that's the whole point in ordering it online... So you don't have to CALL...

lsu fan

Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I have ordered from optics planet probably 4-5 times. The second to last time, they had something on back order for over 4 months, I kept getting emails each month saying it would be another 4-5 weeks. I told them how upset I was, and that if I ordered anything else that was supposed to be "in stock" and it ended up on back order, I would cancel the order and never order from them again. The next time I placed an order it happened. I canceled the order and haven't ordered from them since.

lsu fan

Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I ordered an Aimpoint Pro from them last week. I looked at several different websites that were in the same price range and no one had it in stock other than Optics Planet. There is a local shop that has them in the same proce range (Lafayette Shooters) but I would rather not buy from them unless I cannot find it elsewhere. I am offshore and I wanted it to be in when I got home this week. I get an email from Optics Planet the next day showing that it wasn't in stock! I called and talked to customer service and asked why I wasn't informed when ordering it and that it was not mentioned on the website and customer service told me that the website does not show if it is in stock or not... You have to call. That's B.S. I have ordered from them once before without issue but I don't think I will buy from them again. If an item isn't in stock it should be clearly labeled on the page, that's the whole point in ordering it online... So you don't have to CALL...

+1

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Never had an issue with them but I always get delay shipping with Ops Gear which is the sister company, I believe DVOr is also a sister company.

I don't buy from Midway any more since their shipping charges are one of the highest in the industry and they charge you handling fees added as well, I much rather buy from Brownells (cheaper items and cheaper shipping). Amazon unless they offer the super saver shipping I don't buy since I have been burnt with them before, I do love items that qualify for free shipping once you buy $25 though

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom