Outback steakhouse lake charles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marshrunner757

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Sulphur, LA
    87b881308d9d58e32bc323face856f5d.jpg

Won't get another dime from me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    People still go to Outback?

I made a promise years ago, to stop giving chain restaurants my business. Going to the little local guys have opened my eyes to better food and have met nice people along the way. Nothing is more nauseating than hearing of someone complain about Outback, Chili's, Applebees, etc..

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans

I made a promise years ago, to stop giving chain restaurants my business. Going to the little local guys have opened my eyes to better food and have met nice people along the way. Nothing is more nauseating than hearing of someone complain about Outback, Chili's, Applebees, etc..

Same, I try my best not to go to the chains, since there's so many good places to eat in NOLA. But once in a blue moon my wife will drag me out to Texas Roadhouse Bc she likes the rolls with the cinnamon butter. She can care less about to food, literally there Bc she likes the rolls

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Same, I try my best not to go to the chains, since there's so many good places to eat in NOLA. But once in a blue moon my wife will drag me out to Texas Roadhouse Bc she likes the rolls with the cinnamon butter. She can care less about to food, literally there Bc she likes the rolls

The in-laws do force us to go to Texas Roadhouse for the same reason lol.

The best thing you can do in any city, is find the true locals and ask where the good spots are. We had Liberty Cheesesteaks off of Freret a few weeks ago. It was a run down tiny room with a solid hipster crowd, but hot damn were the cheesesteaks rollin'.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

It is far worse than that. These big corporate restaurants (here in Louisiana anyway), are almost all head quartered out of state. Which means most of their profits go back to those states. They almost all have their own commissaries which means they buy almost nothing from local businesses. The employees in most of these places are generally low wage, which means they are not local economy boosters. The have large advertising budgets, which means they can saturate the market with commercials and rope in more customers. The have deep pockets for buying the best locations and building new structures to retain their dominance in stature and appearance, which means a true local entrepreneur is still at an extreme disadvantage.

Now in fairness, some (very few though), have decent food (not great food). And as Americans, we rightfully have choices. But, we are all going to wake up one day, and all of our friends, neighbors, and local businesses are going to be gone! Then this will be a very plain Jane place like every other.

We as a community should realize that going to Olive Garden to get a bucket full of shitty pasta for cheap is a no win for this state in the long run!

But alas, we don't! :hs:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Looks like they're taking this "Australian" thing a little too far.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Did you go in and talk to the manager? Normally, I wouldn't ask. But I keep hearing about libs putting these stickers on places without the consent of the owners/managers. So, if I see them pop up on my regular places I'll have to ask.

marshrunner757

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Sulphur, LA
    Did you go in and talk to the manager? Normally, I wouldn't ask. But I keep hearing about libs putting these stickers on places without the consent of the owners/managers. So, if I see them pop up on my regular places I'll have to ask.
    Might be a good idea

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    We as a community should realize that going to Olive Garden to get a bucket full of shitty pasta for cheap is a no win for this state in the long run!

But alas, we don't! :hs:

Shitty is an understatement. Olive Garden is total crap. Everything. Even the salads suck.

Gino's off of College really isn't that much more expensive than Olive Garden and is MUCH, much better.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Shitty is an understatement. Olive Garden is total crap. Everything. Even the salads suck.

Gino's off of College really isn't that much more expensive than Olive Garden and is MUCH, much better.

If I'm in BR, I'm going to Fuzzy's. I practically lived off that junk food in college lol.

If you're ever in the Covington area, Bosco's is top notch!

marshrunner757

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Sulphur, LA
    Didn't realize I would start a food thread by posing a no carry sign lol. While we're at it, yes, I find the little hole in the wall place to have the best food.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If I'm in BR, I'm going to Fuzzy's. I practically lived off that junk food in college lol.

If you're ever in the Covington area, Bosco's is top notch!

I'm actually in Covington quite frequently. Never heard of Bosco's though. Maybe in a few weeks we can grab lunch on a weekend!

And Fuzzys? The shitty taco place? No thanks lol. I'm in college in BR and make it a habit to support local businesses with good food.

Didn't realize I would start a food thread by posing a no carry sign lol. While we're at it, yes, I find the little hole in the wall place to have the best food.

Well most of the little local places have better food, support the local economy, AND don't care about guns.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm actually in Covington quite frequently. Never heard of Bosco's though. Maybe in a few weeks we can grab lunch on a weekend!

And Fuzzys? The shitty taco place? No thanks lol. I'm in college in BR and make it a habit to support local businesses with good food.

Fuzzy's Taco Shop is what I think of when I want dirty food that will fill you up for $10. It's better than Taco Bell and the Nachos are rollin'!

Bosco's is more of where you'd take the wife to dinner lol. I think dinner is reservation only now. The prices aren't bad at all, and you get a ton of food. They switched to reservations because wait times were getting too long for customers.

Top Bottom