Outdoor Channel Competition Coverage

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I was viewing information on Matt Burkett's website, and came across a reference to ESPN coverage of a "Pro shooter skins match." With a little more reasearch I found that the Outdoor Channel now covers it as well as a lot of other competitive shooting events, including: the 2009 steel challenge, Bianchi Cup, USPSA Handgun Nationals etc. I was wishing I had the outdoor channel, when I realized that I've never actually checked to see if I already catch it. Well guess what :doh: yep... Now that I've verified that I have it, what kind of stuff should I keep an eye out for? I found a discussion here: http://bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26684&highlight=Outdoor+Channel but nothing extensive.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Wednesday afternoons and evenings, "Cabela's Wednesday at the Range". One of last night's shows covered the IRC, basically the ICORE Nationals. ICORE=International Confederation Of Revolver Enthusiasts. It was more or less the Jerry Miculek hour :hi5:

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I just watched the Jerry Miculek special. I don't really blame them for making him the focus of the IRC coverage. I'm hoping they have live coverage of action pistol competition at some point, or even a replay of live coverage.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    When I grow up I want to be as good as Jerry :bowrofl: :rockon:

Pull up the 2007 Louisiana IDPA State Championship. I won "Most Accurate", with only 10 pts down the entire match, so yes I beat Jerry Miculek in accuracy. BUT if you look at the times, he beat me by a day and a half.:rofl::rofl:

Outdoor Channel is "MIDWAYS wednesday night at the range". They show A-FREAKING-LOT or reruns, but I still watch em. Favorite is Shooting USA Sighting In and Shooting USA Impossible Shots

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    Pull up the 2007 Louisiana IDPA State Championship. I won "Most Accurate", with only 10 pts down the entire match, so yes I beat Jerry Miculek in accuracy. BUT if you look at the times, he beat me by a day and a half.:rofl::rofl:

Yeah just getting started in competition shooting myself. Was talking to someone about ICORE and they started explaining the rankings. He was talking seconds, I need minutes :rofl:

Top Bottom