Oyster Poboy!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Alright so I calmed my ahnvie for an oyster poboy today. The weather is kinda funky and foggy here and I didn't feel like going too far from te office so I called The Harbor Bar & Grill a ordered an oyster poboy dressed to go.
    The camera at the office isn't that great and does this poboy no justice. It was loaded with nice plump juicy yet crisp fried oysters and hit the spot!

OysterPoboy003.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Be happy you get to eat down there! Here in Baton Rouge most places use exaggerated Hot Dog buns for french bread! :doh:

It may be the silliest thing about this place considering the 3 biggest french bread makers are 70 miles away; and they deliver to some up here; who "Get" it!

SSaltz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If your in Baton Rouge and want a shrimp po boy try the chicken shack on acadian thruway off florida blvd. Its not the best area but the poboy comes with shrimp pickles and hot sauce. The large is about 2ft long looks like a whole loaf of french bread and it has popcorn shrimp over flowing and is damn tasty. Oh yea and its only like 8 dollars.

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    If your in Baton Rouge and want a shrimp po boy try the chicken shack on acadian thruway off florida blvd. Its not the best area but the poboy comes with shrimp pickles and hot sauce. The large is about 2ft long looks like a whole loaf of french bread and it has popcorn shrimp over flowing and is damn tasty. Oh yea and its only like 8 dollars.

Chicken Shack shrimp Poboys are pretty darn good, my father used to bring them on his way home from work. A bit greasy from the butter on the bread but darn good. That spicy cocktail sauce they put on it is excellent.

@OP Looks pretty amazing, don't frequent that area often though.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If you're ever in New Roads, Hot Tails (it's a restaurant, NOT a strip joint:D) on Hospital Road has a pretty mean oyster po-boy, as well.

I'm kind of partial to their fried crawfish po-boys, also. Best I ever had.

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    If you're ever in New Roads, Hot Tails (it's a restaurant, NOT a strip joint:D) on Hospital Road has a pretty mean oyster po-boy, as well.

I'm kind of partial to their fried crawfish po-boys, also. Best I ever had.

Oh yeah, very familiar with Hot Tails, while I was doing some work out there, ate there quite a few times. They have some of the best fried seafood I've ever had, especially the catfish and shrimp. Completely forgot about it. Oleheat, you have to admit that there's some very attractive ladies working there though. :cool:

Top Bottom