paid attorney's fee, estate still unresolved

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp85

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    baton rouge
    good afternoon:

Wife died 5 years ago. Paid an attorney his fee to handle the probate of her estate.

Will is uncontested, no money or real property involved. Wife’s estate still unresolved, attorney does not answer phone call or e-mails.

Has anyone had this problem and how did you resolve the problem. I am almost 80 years old just closure. Thank you for your time and consideration.

regards

rp

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    good afternoon:

Wife died 5 years ago. Paid an attorney his fee to handle the probate of her estate.

Will is uncontested, no money or real property involved. Wife’s estate still unresolved, attorney does not answer phone call or e-mails.

Has anyone had this problem and how did you resolve the problem. I am almost 80 years old just closure. Thank you for your time and consideration.

regards

rp
    Sorry that is happening to you. Who is the atty, so we don't use him...

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    contact LADA

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I am finishing up my second succession as an executor since 2020, and my fourth one in total. In Baton Rouge I have used, or been involved in a succession with Joe Mengis twice. I think he is the best in the Baton Rouge area. In your situation I would go and talk to him.

If you just need a sounding board, I'm retired and available. I am not an attorney though, lol.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    If there is “no money” and no real property, why did yiu feel the need to pay an attorney to open a succession? Car title? I’m not excusing your attorney’s behavior, but what do you need done?

Top Bottom