Palmetto State Armory - EVEN SLOWER SHIPPING NOW!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    Just got this email 3/12/14 - Order placed 3/4/14.

Hello,

We have relocated our compliance department to a new location and our data base is starting from new. Please contact your FFL and have them fax or email a copy of their FFL. This includes all FFL holders regardless if they were previously in our system, If they re-submitted their FFL within the past 8-10 days we will have their information.

Please ensure they include your Name and order# for reference in the "SUBJECT LINE".

We apologize for the inconvenience, the delay should be minimal.

Thank you

Compliance Department
    Palmetto State Armory
    211 Business Park Blvd
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Phone: 803-724-6932
    Fax: 803-788-7979
    Compliance@PalmettoStateArmory.com

Last edited:

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    How unprofessional/ unbusinesslike. And just plain stupid of them. I bet they had no backup and their computer crashed. Who in their right mind would just do away with a database that held years of data? This is just an excuse.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Small company does not equal being stupid and losing database.

Last edited:

Pelican Pawn

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Small company does not equal being stupid and losing database.

Its not that they are stupid and lost the data. They setup a new location and each location has to keep on file a copy of the ffl that they ship to. We have four stores and each one has to keep its on ffl files. Its no different for them.

We have had nothing but good luck dealing with PSA. They are having growing pains as most small dealers that grow as fast as they have.

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    That is not what the notification they sent says. They can't use the list of ffls at the new location? I understand each location having their own ffl and bound book of what they sell. I don't understand not using a list of ffls they have dealt with over the years.

These are people that recently ordered that they are talking about. Recent ffl submissions.

Last edited:

Pelican Pawn

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Denham Springs
    "We have relocated our compliance department to a new location and our data base is starting from new." This tells me two things. 1 They are at a new location and even if just moving from old warehouse they have to close out the old FFL license and Start using new FFL for new location. 2 The new location has new computers system and they have to start over.( this may or may not me in there control. New system data not compatible with old system data.Who knows.)
    PSA is growing and moving into a bigger place so they can get orders out quicker. Give them some time to get the bugs worked out.

Oscar are you waiting on a order from them?

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    No. I have purchased from them several times and not had any problems. In fact i would purchase from them again and have recommended them several times. Just think it is dumb that they didn't migrate the database. I work in IT and that is ridiculous. So I guess my question is this. I understand that you can change your address for an FFL. And even if they had to get a new FFL, because they opened an additional location, how does that effect the list of FFLs they have dealt with in the past.? It is just a list.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I've ordered firearms and used an FFL that was familiar and up to date with them and he still had to resend his FFL. I'd recommend including it with every order so there's no question and nothing gets delayed because of some computer auto kick glitch or whatever.
    As far as my orders over the past few years, about 30+ orders for parts, uppers, ammo, and whatever I didn't need a FFL for, I've never had an issue. Last order for bulk ammo was on 2/24/14, delivered on 2/28/14.
    Their prices are good, they didn't gouge during the last Obammy crisis and their shipping prices are the best I've seen, even free a lot of times. I will continue to do business with them.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Even during the crazy times, they kept prices lower, and shippin was not terribly long.. I like PSA, they are smart in the gun business though.. the sales you see, they are dumping inventory.. A gun store holding inventory is not making money...

They did send out blem lowers that were out of spec recently, and also send out lowers at a low price after selling to dealers the day before at a higher price.. but thats the gun world..

tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    I ordered some ammo that APPEARED to be in stock. The confirmed my order by email, and I found out later, processed payment on my Visa card right away. Now the website says Out of Stock for all rimfire ammo. I called them and gave up on hold after 20 min. I am trying to cancel my order. What REPUTABLE company takes your money before shipping the order? Or worse, KNOWING they don't have what you ordered?? I am NOT waiting months and months for some over-priced ammo. Terrible customer service, I am forever DONE with them.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    **** I just ordered a glock 21 barrel and piston from Palmetto.

I guess it's ok if it takes awhile, seeing as I don't presently own a Glock 21 so I'm in no rush.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom