Palo Alto Gun Club - Your Thoughts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWho

My Generation
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm interested in finding a good shooting range that is clean, respectful and is a place that's enjoyable to shoot. I have heard and reviewed the Palo Alto Gun Club and am interested in anyone sharing their experiences before I inquire on joining. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    I enjoy shooting there very much. Most of the time there is only a few people shooting. Very calm and relaxed. The only thing is no full auto or 50 bmg.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    600 yds is hard to beat without some serious driving.
    the 100 yd has a berm on 3 sides. So there is relatively little wind.

As far as the other shooters I've encountered there they are the best you can ask to share a range with in terms of safety, courteousy and shooting skills. I felt very safe on going downrange when called cold.

Southern Shooting Center is first class also but farther from you and only 300yds. It is more expensive than P/A (I think) More variety with pistols & shotguns.

Mr.Hatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Central
    A friend is a member so i've shot there a couple times with him on Saturdays. It has been deserted every time. Good facilities as far as i'm concerned. If it wasn't so far from me I would join up.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    A friend is a member so i've shot there a couple times with him on Saturdays. It has been deserted every time. Good facilities as far as i'm concerned. If it wasn't so far from me I would join up.

You must have gone in the afternoon. We shoot on the 600 yard range most Saturdays, but we start pretty early.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    no steel allowed unless that's changed recently

Has not changed.

No FA because of lease.

No .50 BMG because of safety concerns (penetration of the protective berm on the 600 yd range). Also, there is a concern that it will accelerate wear of the impact berm on the big range.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I like shooting the matches out there, but really enjoy shooting steel at SSC. I may become a member of PA as well as SSC this coming year for the main reason to be able to practice at 600.

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    If you have any particular questions about PAGC feel free to pm me since I recently became the publicity officer of the range and I may be able to answer any questions you have or arrange to meet you out there to show someone around.

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Is steel allowed on the range, or paper targets only?

What are the current dues?

Thanks!

Current dues are $100 for initiation fee, and $150/year of membership. We do have work days several times per year and one work day per year is required. First year up front costs are a total of $250 and are prorated into the second year of membership.

Also CURRENT NRA MEMBERSHIP is REQUIRED with proof.

pm me if you have any other questions.

Top Bottom