Panic Dying down

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwhess504

Broke Joke
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Ponchatoula, La
    I have noticed that the Panic is dying down. Not saying that production of any particular good has stabilized demand, but the people that were rushed to buy at inflated/panic prices have already done so. As you can see on GB and on these forums more people are listing potentially banned type guns/accessories at less prices and reducing the asking price over time.

I believe the people that didnt want to sell because they were afraid of not being able to replace it are coming out now. The reason for it IMO is the ban is looking less and less likely to happen. So the risk has been lowered. I now have friends calling me that were stocking up a month ago now trying to unload some AR type stuff and thinking they can get out of sight prices.

The point is I believe The peak is over...... for now

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    It might be dying down and inventories slowly coming back in stores, but the classifieds here are still full to the brim with fantasy.
    Going to take people awhile to realize that they paid too much and are not going to get that money back.

dragginass

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Someone in the classifieds was asking $10 a box for something that was on ( and has been for a week) the shelf at Cabelas for $6. I PM'd him to see if it was a typo or something silly and he says no, its worth that and Cabelas MAY run out soon. Ridiculous. As soon as the goobers get distracted over the coming months I think things will begin to normalize. JMHO.

Last edited:

Wyldhog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    At my computer
    Tell that to Cheaper Than Dirt!

Image1-1.jpg

johnnybravo2550

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Marrero, LA
    Has it peaked? Yes, Is it dyimg down? No ...Dont think its dying down yet... Academy and Walmart sold out almost everyday or only 1 box a day per customer....... Cheaper Than Dirt still crazy high...Almost all websites are sold out of ammo and mags...And when they are avaliable " guess what " Sold out in mins!!!. Gunbroker idoits still paying 800 bucks for 1000 rounds....And over 700 bucks for a G19 Gen 3... I could talk all day!

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Agreed. Guy at work has been wanting to get into the black rifle market for a while. He doesn't want to un-ass the cash now that prices have skyrocketed. He keeps asking when they will come back down to "normal." My response: Probably never back to normal, but will likely stabilize in 6-9 months if Feinstein relaxes her pen and ink

LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    Has it peaked? Yes, Is it dyimg down? No ...Dont think its dying down yet... Academy and Walmart sold out almost everyday or only 1 box a day per customer....... Cheaper Than Dirt still crazy high...Almost all websites are sold out of ammo and mags...And when they are avaliable " guess what " Sold out in mins!!!. Gunbroker idoits still paying 800 bucks for 1000 rounds....And over 700 bucks for a G19 Gen 3... I could talk all day!

I think you're right. If stores had the inventory it would still be wild.

acman1997

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    madness if you ask me. I wasnt really hurting for much when this started but always like to keep my stock up and love to shoot when i can. I have been able to pick up small amounts of 9mm,223,45, and 7.62 at walmart just by stopping at different ones as much as possible. All at normal price. Also got all the mags i needed to pad my stock from online just by staying on top of it when it came available. All this crap has brought out the worst in the gun community and its sad because i always bragged about my brothers out there who were all such good responsible people. But i guess its just about greed and the all mighty dollar. Its so sad to see the people who have brand new AR's and brand new mags/ammo selling for double in price when its obvious they went out and bought the stuff just to re sale it and make double profit. It disgust me. I hope the politicians shut down these crazy laws they are trying to pass and leave the responsible gun owners alone and go after the gangs and criminals that plague this country and run these murder stats up so high. Then maybe the good guys can go out and hunt and target shoot with our children and families. Celebrate our rights as free men and be left the hell alone! Thank you that was my rant and my 2 cents.

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think folks are just out of money, the market isn't there. The ones who ran out and bought up everything went all out, I have a friend who dropped 10k in the last month because of the craze. Of course now he's broke. I'm sure this is the case for a lot of folks. As for me, I'm still sitting on my rainy day fun waiting for the deals to roll in!

Top Bottom