Paracord Locally?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    How much do you need? Most Army Surplus stores (and maybe Bass Pro IIRC) should have it, stay away the "paracord" they have at sporting goods stores like Academy.

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    How much do you need? Most Army Surplus stores (and maybe Bass Pro IIRC) should have it, stay away the "paracord" they have at sporting goods stores like Academy.

Looking to wrap an ar pistol buffer tube... I hear it takes about 27 feet. Do you have any idea what section it might be in at Bass Pro?

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Looks like there is an Army Surplus store in Baton Rouge called "Sinclair's Army Surplus". Just called and they carry it. I'll stop by Bass Pro, then head to Sinclair's if they don't carry it.

operator223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Barneys police supply in Metaire has a good selection of the real stuff. Make sure it's not counterfeit or cheap chinese crap. You should have about 7 nylon monofiliament fishing lines inside with a good tight woven sheath on the outside.

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Thanks sandman, I didn't see your post earlier. I picked up a 100 ft for 9.20 tax included from Sinclair's. Based on the description, it might be the cheap stuff. The inside is made from 7 strands of white nylon string. This is fine for my purposes, so I'm happy with the purchase.

9mm3luwntiuk4upait.jpg

Top Bottom