Pearlington,MS USPSA match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Reminds me of Nick's weekly matches, some folks will avoid one or two matches in the series because they aren't strong at a certain discipline(strong or weak hand only or distance). I always go blind. Doesn't matter what match it is.
    Then you have the other guys who show up 2 or 3 hours early to practice before the match. If you can't do it cold, you show me nothing. And I have been known to smooch the pooch on more than one occasion.

bayouthunder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    River Ridge,La.
    pearlington match

What makes the differant if they set up stages from the gator. Anyone who been shooting USPSA matches, allready knows the stages on the paper you print out are not that good. Plus unless you are the one who put that stage together you cant really know how to set up thge stage. Pick a match and shoot it stop all the crying.

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    I don't think anyone here is crying, but several of these folks have been club officers and match officials for decades. The spirit of the game (as designed) was to test a shooters ability at that time. I personally have run clubs for close to a decade and have designed and built more stages than most competitors have shot, and some of us simply have a problem with setting stages up before hand since it creates an uneven playing field and can give an unfair advantage to some competitors.

Imagine if match officials ran the stages several times before they were open to the regular competitors. Not a good way to ensure repeat customers, people may not come back to your match.

bayouthunder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    River Ridge,La.
    pearlington match

Well some people may not call it crying, but I didnt see all the negativtive when CAS set up stategs from the 09 nationals in there match. last month. What I am saying and I know you know this. First is stages change from the time you print them out and the time show up, second most clubs dont have all the props to set up exact stage. Thrid some of the stages at this year gator were shot at a local match in the past, as for classifers it is the luck of the draw not to shoot the same one more tha once.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    What makes the differant if they set up stages from the gator. Anyone who been shooting USPSA matches, allready knows the stages on the paper you print out are not that good. Plus unless you are the one who put that stage together you cant really know how to set up thge stage. Pick a match and shoot it stop all the crying.

You are right, they won't be exactly the same, especially if I have anything to do with set-up, which I will. DMH was referring more to the folks who set up the classifiers and practice them over and over the day before a match. This happens much more than you know. This does no good for them. I could be a "Paper Master" if I did that, but if I can't do it on demand, I don't want it. When my head is screwed on right, I'll be a front runner at any local match in any division. Shooting is fun and I intend to keep it that way. It is not the only thing in my life, i.e. wife and kids. So I don't practice at all. Every time I show up to shoot, all the stages are brand new. In the 15 years that I've been a member of USPSA, I've learned to see the stages from different angles and points of view. This is the biggest reason why I'll finish towards the top. How many times do you see one person shoot a stage and then watch everyone else do it the same way? If I think it can be done better, I'll give it a shot. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
    All I'm trying to say is don't fall in a rut, explore new territory and be your own man.

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    The diagrams and write ups allow people to come very close to duplicating stages/events done on other ranges. To bring folks stages from a national or regional event if they didn't make the trip is admirable, but several of us on this forum have (and will continue to have) a problem with the idea of setting up a stage prior to an event to gain a competitive advantage.

As for classifiers, I know of several individuals who have purposely set them up on the side before the match and ran them until they had it down, again in my opinion not the way to get a true measure of the shooter's abilities. Yes they move up, and may hurt themselves later by having to compete at a higher class then they have truly earned, but it still hurts the integrity of that match at that moment.

How easy would it be for EAPS to set up the match, lock the gate, and run the stages multiple times. Would you be willing to compete against us if we did that, knowing you're coming in at a disadvantage...

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    Ok Bayou thunder since you are a newbie go look at the comments i made in that thread as well before you run your mouth. I don't care what you and Joel do at that match if ya'll need the practice go for it. But do not deny me or others our opinion either.

dcflink

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Diamondhead, MS
    Tom didn't come up with the bright idea, a member of our club did. With that being said, it is not set in stone, i help run the match and this afternoon ids the first I have heard of it. Also think a'bout it, can you really duplicate a stage just by looking at a diagram without the measurements and all.

Get off you high horse all of you and i'll see you at the Gator, I'll be sure to leave the guilt at home.:rolleyes:

Derek

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Gentlemen,
    Drop your mouse and back away from the keyboard!
    Repeat after me.......it's just a game, it's just a game.
    Once the stages are posted, they are fair game for anyone to do as they please. Back in the day......when stages weren't posted, folks still bitched.
    Life is way too short for all this bickering.

Btw......Gator prize table is pushing $30K+. Not many matches here in La. of any discipline can boast that.

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    Gentlemen,
    Drop your mouse and back away from the keyboard!
    Repeat after me.......it's just a game, it's just a game.
    Once the stages are posted, they are fair game for anyone to do as they please. Back in the day......when stages weren't posted, folks still bitched.
    Life is way too short for all this bickering.

Btw......Gator prize table is pushing $30K+. Not many matches here in La. of any discipline can boast that.
    Agreed!

Tom Duchmann Jr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    It is a sad day when there has to be such penny-anty crap over a practice that has gone on since the begining of time. Most clubs put on stages to be in major matches to work the bugs out. The stages as posted are just guide lines. That being said I have been involved with running the Pearlington match for thirteen years, I am always glad to have other people help come up with stage ideas. I did not have a single stage other than the classifier in mind before all this bantering. I run a match in AREA 6 not AREA 4. If I am going to be blamed for all these things that are so mean and deceitful well so be it. I don't run a match in Louisiana because of all this stuff. If you don't want to shoot what we set up don't come to our match, simple as that. Peace be with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom