Pepper Spray

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The spray that I got my girlfriend a few years back expired and it's time to replace it. What's the newest best thing in "self-defense sprays"?

Austin

BO_V

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    I carry freeze + p ... I've been using it ever since I got into law enforcement

If you live in the Baton Rouge area
    Baton Rouge police supply sells it to the public

It has a 4yr life span

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    fox labs. i was sprayed by the army stuff a few times. and recently "got a whiff of the pepper(bonus points for getting the reference)" while trying out the fox stuff. it really lingers, like hours.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    bear spray.

or the stuff in the pink can.

why haven't you gotten her a taser yet?

The civilian version of the taser has a 30 second ride that, as I understand it, varies in intensity. I've taken the 5 second, full intensity ride and that was no joke so I can't imagine 30 seconds of it. Taser has a pretty good replacement policy. They expect someone who uses their products in a self defense situation to use that 30 seconds to get away from the danger. That means the person essentially drops the taser and runs. If the person files a police report, they can send the report to taser and taser will send out a free replacement.

That being said, I'd still rather get tased again than pepper sprayed again.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    bear spray.

or the stuff in the pink can.

why haven't you gotten her a taser yet?

She has the stuff in the pink can currently and would not keep a Taser on her person. If I could get her to carry a Taser, I could get her to carry a similar sized pistol, but she is 100% opposed. Plus, I can't see her even having a Taser in her hand for situations where it would be a good idea. The spray attaches to her keys and she generally has those in her hand when shes walking to her car.

I'm gonna go by BR Police Supply on Monday and grab a few cans for her and her mom. If any of you site sponsor types sell Freeze +P, hit me up please!

Top Bottom