Petition to Incorporate the City of St. George

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csbutton

Unreconstructed
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    For those of you who live in the proposed City of St. George, and want to sign the petition but haven’t done so, the time is NOW. Don’t hesitate any longer.

PM me, and I will either bring you a petition to sign, meet you someplace, or arrange for you to meet me at my office to sign. We are close to getting the numbers we need, but want to wrap this up ASAP.

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I am part of St. George. I am also about 500 ft outside of the city limits. Anything in St. George is an unincorporated part of East Baton Rouge Parish. I pay City taxes, but when I called for BRPD to respond to my house for an incident between two neighbors, they refused to come because my house was not in the city. Had to wait for EBRSO to get there.

csbutton

Unreconstructed
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Only 2 weeks left to sign the petition.

If you want to sign, PM me and I'll bring the petition to you. This is important for many reasons, but better schools, increased property value, and more control of your tax dollars are the primary reasons to incorporate.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Can you tell me if a successful incorporation would include the town having it's own council and municipal code structure? Why? Because those property owners that own big tracts of land in the southern and western most part of the Parish; who currently hunt or recreationally shoot, should be fully aware of what this does to them.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Can you tell me if a successful incorporation would include the town having it's own council and municipal code structure? Why? Because those property owners that own big tracts of land in the southern and western most part of the Parish; who currently hunt or recreationally shoot, should be fully aware of what this does to them.

Yes those things are necessary for a City and you may want to research the laws already in effect pertaining to discharging a firearm in East Baton Rouge Parish.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but considering that Baton Rouge has a city/parish consolidated government, how would incorporating be an advantage? In Terrebonne parish, everything except law enforcement is handled by the parish, schools, water, sewerage, roads.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yes those things are necessary for a City and you may want to research the laws already in effect pertaining to discharging a firearm in East Baton Rouge Parish.

South of Bayou Fountain (in currently unincorporated EBR), and along Ben Hur and parts of Nicholson, this is not an issue. There are many hunting clubs; and even more residences shoot on their properties with no legal distress. If this goes through, it will encompass those properties. If they want to do what most incorporated cities do (like Doucheville (Central)(The incorporated part of EBR) ), with regard to firearms; I will be totally against it for that reason alone.

I would like this question answered by the official St. George bunch!

Last edited:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    If you want to sign, PM me and I'll bring the petition to you. This is important for many reasons, but better schools, increased property value, and more control of your tax dollars are the primary reasons to incorporate.

Except when your home is on the edge of the proposed area, which would cause your property value to plummet.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So I thought I heard on the radio this morning that there's now a city of St George. Is this correct?

That would be incorrect! They are gathering signatures in EBR to bring it to ballot for an up or down vote. If it makes the ballot, a 50% + 1 wins (or loses; depending on your perspective).

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    That would be incorrect! They are gathering signatures in EBR to bring it to ballot for an up or down vote. If it makes the ballot, a 50% + 1 wins (or loses; depending on your perspective).

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I lived in that area til '76 and have taken an interest, trying to keep up. I can certainly understand why they want to do this. Don't want to offend the opposed nor do I have a dog in the fight, but I wish them luck.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Ah, thanks for clarifying. I lived in that area til '76 and have taken an interest, trying to keep up. I can certainly understand why they want to do this. Don't want to offend the opposed nor do I have a dog in the fight, but I wish them luck.

I have both a business and land in EBR. I don't reside in the Parish and therefore cannot vote on the issue. However, I have kept abreast of the central reasoning for attempting this. It is a legitimate concern. And I will say after applying the smell test to both sides, I can say that Kip Holden and John Delgado are full of **** in their opposition. And knowing politicians as well as I do, I would not be a bit surprised if it comes out that both are taking money from someone or some entity that stands to lose a lot if this goes through.

It is really interesting how if this were a courtroom, the opposition to St. George would have been given life in prison without parole! They have been outright lying about the impact of this from day one. But, in politics; all you have to do is lie; and be sincere when you do, and some listen. Particularly; those that are the puppet masters or profiteers!

Last edited:

dirty dan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    I have both a business and land in EBR. I don't reside in the Parish and therefore cannot vote on the issue. However, I have kept abreast of the central reasoning for attempting this. It is a legitimate concern. And I will say after applying the smell test to both sides, I can say that Kip Holden and John Delgado are full of **** in their opposition. And knowing politicians as well as I do, I would not be a bit surprised if it comes out that both are taking money from someone or some entity that stands to lose a lot if this goes through.

It is really interesting how if this were a courtroom, the opposition to St. George would have been given life in prison without parole! They have been outright lying about the impact of this from day one. But, in politics; all you have to do is lie; and be sincere when you do, and some listen. Particularly; those that are the puppet masters or profiteers!

It's my understanding that Delgado has three businesses in downtown Baton Rouge. If so, he certainly has something to lose. Delgado has really shown his azz about St. George.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

Yep many are already breaking EBR Parish law for shooting down there. I have 55 acres up here in Pride very close to the East Feliciana line and I can't legally shoot a rifle or pistol.

Top Bottom